how popular is 7.62x39 in your neck of the woods?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: how popular is 7.62x39 in your neck of the woods?

Post by NAHMINT II » 07 Mar 2023, 7:39 pm

Just about everyone has a couple on VANCOUVER ISLAND.......Were bought when the LIKE NEW, fully refurbs sold for under $200 canadian.
canada;s wanker P.M. tried to ban them but was ''very unsuccessful'' ........they now sell for $600 plus .we are restricted to 5 rounds in semi auto centrefire rifles.....
NAHMINT II
Recruit
Recruit

Canada

Post by bladeracer » 07 Mar 2023, 7:52 pm

NAHMINT II wrote:Just about everyone has a couple on VANCOUVER ISLAND.......Were bought when the LIKE NEW, fully refurbs sold for under $200 canadian.
canada;s wanker P.M. tried to ban them but was ''very unsuccessful'' ........they now sell for $600 plus .we are restricted to 5 rounds in semi auto centrefire rifles.....

That's five rounds more than we're allowed :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 08 Mar 2023, 3:05 am

Still very popular with organised crime, particularly Sydney.
The recent bans in NZ gave the black market here a well needed boost.
Would almost be funny if it wasn’t so tragic, because an sks is a pretty average piece of crap and they pay exorbitant prices for them.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 08 Mar 2023, 8:54 am

One assumes you believe you know what you are talking about although a sks might be a little uncomfortable and hard to conceal in a shoulder holster or tucked in behind a belt.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Mar 2023, 5:09 pm

bladeracer wrote:That's five rounds more than we're allowed :-)

:lol: ..... :cry:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 09 Mar 2023, 3:41 am

straightshooter wrote:One assumes you believe you know what you are talking about although a sks might be a little uncomfortable and hard to conceal in a shoulder holster or tucked in behind a belt.

That’s true, I do believe my own bulls**t.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 09 Mar 2023, 6:19 am

Honesty - so rarely encountered it's sometimes almost like a kick in the cods.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 09 Mar 2023, 10:19 am

I don't see any around now since the theft of autos from law abiding people . I had an SKK and I spent some time making a custom scope mount for it and then had to hand it in I kept the scope but I was so pissed off I forgot to remove the mount .
I had a special spring loaded rifle mount across the handlebars of my Suzuki and one time the SKK butt hit a tree and rocketed out of the mount nearly taking my head off and landed muzzle first into the soil and it just stuck there . I walked over and pulled it out used the cleaning rod to clear it and no real harm done , just some scratches on the butt . They were not real accurate but they were very rugged . The scope was off a German recoil-less rifle and was as strong as they come .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles