Howa 6.5 CM action and Hogue stock

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Howa 6.5 CM action and Hogue stock

Post by AlHow » 27 Apr 2023, 9:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m only new to guns so not sure if this is a bargain or not. I’m not after one but thought I’d alert others of the fact.

I saw the Howa 6.5 Creedmoor barrelled action for $399 and a Hogue stock for $99.

Cheers big ears.

Al.
AlHow
Private
Private

-

Re: Howa 6.5 CM action and Hogue stock

Post by JohnV » 28 Apr 2023, 2:27 pm

You might be new to guns but you can sure spot a bargain .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by AlHow » 29 Apr 2023, 3:45 pm

JohnV wrote:You might be new to guns but you can sure spot a bargain .

Spend too much time on the net John!
AlHow
Private
Private

-

Post by JohnV » 29 Apr 2023, 6:26 pm

That's about all I have nowadays since old age and bad back plus covid curtailed my hunting trips . I could never find a sober sensible shooting mate and now It's too hard to do it all alone and that takes the fun out of it .
Also at my age many of my old property owners are either dead , sold off , or retired off the station .
Now I am dealing with the grandchildren running the farms . Some are really good and respectful of experience and some are drunken trash . I once had 13 stations I could shoot on and now it's all crumbled down to 2 and their both up for sale now . However If I wanted I could get new properties fairly easy I know lots of rural people , the mind is willing but the flesh is weak . My body has seen a lot of hard work and physical abuse and I am paying for it now .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by AlHow » 29 Apr 2023, 8:00 pm

JohnV wrote:That's about all I have nowadays since old age and bad back plus covid curtailed my hunting trips . I could never find a sober sensible shooting mate and now It's too hard to do it all alone and that takes the fun out of it .
Also at my age many of my old property owners are either dead , sold off , or retired off the station .
Now I am dealing with the grandchildren running the farms . Some are really good and respectful of experience and some are drunken trash . I once had 13 stations I could shoot on and now it's all crumbled down to 2 and their both up for sale now . However If I wanted I could get new properties fairly easy I know lots of rural people , the mind is willing but the flesh is weak . My body has seen a lot of hard work and physical abuse and I am paying for it now .

Sorry to hear mate. Yep, age slows us down. I’m only in my mid 60’s but a few things are getting beyond me. I was heavily into trailbike riding 6 months ago but I’ve had some terrible accidents. No not age related, just bad luck. It has knocked the wind out of my sails as there has been too many. I can motor along on foot quite well considering busting both feet, legs, pelvis, lung, ribs ribs n ribs!

Hang in there mate and do what you can.

On that Howa Creedmoor, not advertised now so prob sold out.
AlHow
Private
Private

-

Post by JohnV » 29 Apr 2023, 8:21 pm

I would expect a bargain like that to sell out quickly . I rode bikes also . I raced bikes in Fairfield Motorcycle club , short circuit , scrambles and a bit of speedway . Rode bikes in the bush hunting many times over the years and while working on cattle stations . My Last bike was a well used DR 250 Enduro Suzuki but had to sell it as I am not allowed to ride anything anymore for medical reasons . I can still ride fine but I can't risk a fall . The main thing that holds me up is my back . Years ago while working in the building trade a brick layer got caught under a fallen steel beam and I was the only one near him at the time so I lifted the beam off his chest otherwise he would have suffocated . I wrecked my back . I have had some trouble with it all my life but coped with it even through the Military and other Government jobs but now it's really killing me .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by AlHow » 29 Apr 2023, 8:28 pm

Howa .308 stainless varmint with picatinny for $649!
AlHow
Private
Private

-

Post by JohnV » 29 Apr 2023, 8:38 pm

That's a good buy also as a longer range varmint rifle .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by madang55 » 22 May 2023, 1:33 am

I have one of those. Howa 6.5 Cree with the heavier varmint barrel and B&C stock. Dies, projectiles, cases, rail. Scary accurate thing for which I have no use.
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles