Marlin prices

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Marlin prices

Post by Shootermick » 07 May 2023, 6:12 pm

Marlin prices have gone through the roof. Maybe when the new Ruger made Marlins start rolling out the used price will drop. I’m thinking about selling my 336 in 30-30. I could list it for an insane price, but I don’t want to do that. Nor do I want to give it to gun shop for about half of what it’s worth.
In as new condition. What’s a fair price?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Marlin prices

Post by Oldbloke » 07 May 2023, 7:09 pm

I'll give you $50.00 ;)
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 07 May 2023, 7:32 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I'll give you $50.00 ;)

Sounds good. I’ll pay postage.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 May 2023, 8:40 pm

Shootermick wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I'll give you $50.00 ;)

Sounds good. I’ll pay postage.

:clap: :drinks: :friends:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pighunter » 08 May 2023, 10:12 am

I've got a brand new never been fired Marlin 336 sitting my my safe. Bought it while my .44 magnum was in for repairs, but never ended up using it as the .44 magnum was back before my PTA was lol. I paid $1,350 for it in October last year, remember that is brand new from the dealer. Depending on what your model is SS, 336w a whole lot of variables you could likely ask $1600+ if it's an original JM stamped one you can ask $2000+
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Shootermick » 08 May 2023, 11:29 am

Pighunter wrote:I've got a brand new never been fired Marlin 336 sitting my my safe. Bought it while my .44 magnum was in for repairs, but never ended up using it as the .44 magnum was back before my PTA was lol. I paid $1,350 for it in October last year, remember that is brand new from the dealer. Depending on what your model is SS, 336w a whole lot of variables you could likely ask $1600+ if it's an original JM stamped one you can ask $2000+

Yeah.
It’s not a JM, few year old grey laminate big loop. Nice gun, never use it. Time to make some safe room.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Pighunter » 08 May 2023, 12:03 pm

Shootermick wrote:
Pighunter wrote:I've got a brand new never been fired Marlin 336 sitting my my safe. Bought it while my .44 magnum was in for repairs, but never ended up using it as the .44 magnum was back before my PTA was lol. I paid $1,350 for it in October last year, remember that is brand new from the dealer. Depending on what your model is SS, 336w a whole lot of variables you could likely ask $1600+ if it's an original JM stamped one you can ask $2000+

Yeah.
It’s not a JM, few year old grey laminate big loop. Nice gun, never use it. Time to make some safe room.

Throw it up for $2.5k and see what offers you get imo.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Shootermick » 09 May 2023, 11:47 am

Don’t think it’s worth quite 2.5k.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 09 May 2023, 12:31 pm

There's a couple on usedguns at the moment, a 30-30 and a 35Rem. Both s/s, laminated grey stocks. Both circa $2k.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 09 May 2023, 12:45 pm

There's what they're worth,what people are asking,and what people are willing to pay.....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 09 May 2023, 2:20 pm

Shootermick wrote:Marlin prices have gone through the roof. Maybe when the new Ruger made Marlins start rolling out the used price will drop. I’m thinking about selling my 336 in 30-30. I could list it for an insane price, but I don’t want to do that. Nor do I want to give it to gun shop for about half of what it’s worth.
In as new condition. What’s a fair price?

get some stamps , or get the dremel and put "JM" on the barrel :D instant $$$ ;) seriously , prices are all over the place . i'd put the value of yours at 12-1300 dollar range . but some are getting way above that . will a ruger made marlin be a better product than a remlin ?
i think people are all fired up to buy "the devil they know" at silly prices :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 09 May 2023, 9:51 pm

I see some new marlins advertised at the big C. Range in price from $1500-$2600 depending on model.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Wapiti » 10 May 2023, 6:34 am

JimTom wrote:I see some new marlins advertised at the big C. Range in price from $1500-$2600 depending on model.

Yes, tempting aren't they.

Been looking at YouTube on the incredible accuracy these Ruger-made new versions are getting, it's quite astounding.
I wouldn't risk second hand, at least, not unless I knew the user and saw how his rifle shot. Particularly with the older ones hating cast projectiles, and the Remington made ones such a QA nightmare.
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 10 May 2023, 7:22 am

Wapiti wrote:
JimTom wrote:I see some new marlins advertised at the big C. Range in price from $1500-$2600 depending on model.

Been looking at YouTube on the incredible accuracy these Ruger-made new versions are getting, it's quite astounding.
I wouldn't risk second hand, at least, not unless I knew the user and saw how his rifle shot. Particularly with the older ones hating cast projectiles, and the Remington made ones such a QA nightmare.

that's certainly very encouraging to hear about the new ruger marlins :D

if remington produced marlins were "remlins", does that mean the ruger guns are "rulins" :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 10 May 2023, 3:56 pm

bigrich wrote:
Wapiti wrote:

that's certainly very encouraging to hear about the new ruger marlins :D

if remington produced marlins were "remlins", does that mean the ruger guns are "rulins" :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:

No,they're ruglins
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles