New Lithgow models

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

New Lithgow models

Post by Shootermick » 16 May 2023, 6:08 pm

Did anyone get to the hunting expo last weekend and happen to check out the new line of Lithgow’s.
How did they look? What have we got to look forward to?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: New Lithgow models

Post by JimTom » 16 May 2023, 6:56 pm

New line of Lithgow? First I have heard of it. I shall do some research.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 17 May 2023, 10:19 am

Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Billo » 17 May 2023, 10:45 am

So what does it weigh ??

Good to see they are finally addressing the elephant in the room
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by CRF » 17 May 2023, 12:01 pm

It's a shame they haven't got a more generic sporting/hunter styled gun. They're all butt ugly otherwise I'd love to have an aussie gun.
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 17 May 2023, 5:55 pm

I wouldn’t mind checking out the chassis job. Don’t have a chassis rifle, a lot of them aren’t my thing, but this Lithgow might just sway me in that direction.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by AlHow » 17 May 2023, 8:08 pm

The fluted sporter looks brilliant. If I could buy Australian that gave Tikka a run for the money, I’d buy it!
AlHow
Private
Private

-

Post by Shootermick » 14 Jun 2023, 5:43 pm

I sent an email to Lithgow to ask what calibres the new TSP-X chassis model be coming out in.
Got a reply today. The chassis model is called the Outback. It’ll be available in 223, 243, 6.5 and 308.
Good news for me because I was hoping for 243. I’ll move my Ruger American Compact 243 along when they come out and grab one. Hopefully be a nice addition.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by safeshot » 27 Jul 2023, 9:39 pm

CRF wrote:It's a shame they haven't got a more generic sporting/hunter styled gun. They're all butt ugly otherwise I'd love to have an aussie gun.

I have a Lithgow 101, love it. I use it mainly for .22 bench rest. and i much prefer "SK-Red" ammo which we refer to as 'red-devils'.
Our gunsmith did a trigger job for me and he loves the lithgow triggers.
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by JohnV » 29 Jul 2023, 12:33 pm

CRF wrote:It's a shame they haven't got a more generic sporting/hunter styled gun. They're all butt ugly otherwise I'd love to have an aussie gun.

I agree , no class at all . They are getting worse . Ok I accept that there is a market for the tacti-cool look but the fluting is too much . It will be hard to clean . It would be nice if they just made one model of a more classic looking rifle but I don't think they have a clue what a classy rifle is . They seem to shoot well but I just can't like the looks . The chintzy writing on the action , the big flats milled on the action , the trigger guards early soviet styling , that bent mag is a travesty of justice . It's all corners and angles no flow no grace like a ballerina with Parkinson's . If the looks appeal to you then they are a good shooter .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Shootermick » 23 Oct 2023, 5:05 pm

Few social media rumours getting around that the new models may be out as soon as November. Anyone heard any other whispers?
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by jovialjosie2002 » 23 Oct 2023, 5:38 pm

AlHow wrote:The fluted sporter looks brilliant. If I could buy Australian that gave Tikka a run for the money, I’d buy it!

Thales Australia (formerly Australian Defence Industries and ADI Limited) is a defence contractor based in Australia. It is a subsidiary of the French defence technology conglomerate Thales Group.

More importantly, hasn't anyone here heard of the recall they had with the last disaster????

I f I could I wouldn't touch anything they make, I only use there powders out of necessity.
jovialjosie2002
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Oct 2023, 8:16 pm

Super mega fugly
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 24 Oct 2023, 4:14 am

jovialjosie2002 wrote:
AlHow wrote:The fluted sporter looks brilliant. If I could buy Australian that gave Tikka a run for the money, I’d buy it!

Thales Australia (formerly Australian Defence Industries and ADI Limited) is a defence contractor based in Australia. It is a subsidiary of the French defence technology conglomerate Thales Group.

More importantly, hasn't anyone here heard of the recall they had with the last disaster????

I f I could I wouldn't touch anything they make, I only use there powders out of necessity.

Are you talking about Lithgow Rifles recall over their barrels? That was a disaster alright.

But ADI powders are unrelated to that. I prefer ADI powders every time, as do many people in other parts of the world. ADI powders are banned throughout Europe though, I believe due to some chemical used in them or something.

I did see something recently about a petition to have Lithgow offer .303 in their rifles, but I can't see that happening, unless they go with .303 Rimless.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 24 Oct 2023, 11:35 pm

Would be cool if they did a small run of reproduction SMLE's. They'd probably sell incredibly well if they could release them in 308 and .223. Don't see it happening though, Australian companies are too focused on releasing tactical pumps rather than something truly exciting.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by in2anity » 25 Oct 2023, 8:31 am

Gun-nut wrote:Would be cool if they did a small run of reproduction SMLE's. They'd probably sell incredibly well if they could release them in 308 and .223. Don't see it happening though, Australian companies are too focused on releasing tactical pumps rather than something truly exciting.

Not a valid ROI. The Australian market is but a tiny drop in the ocean; USA being where actual profit can be made. And yanks don't get stiffies over smellys like us convicts do...
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 25 Oct 2023, 11:47 am

in2anity wrote:Not a valid ROI. The Australian market is but a tiny drop in the ocean; USA being where actual profit can be made. And yanks don't get stiffies over smellys like us convicts do...

Are you saying Lithgow is selling more rifles overseas than domestically? I know they exist there but are they popular?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by in2anity » 25 Oct 2023, 12:17 pm

bladeracer wrote:Are you saying Lithgow is selling more rifles overseas than domestically? I know they exist there but are they popular?

I don't know. What I do know is that the australian civilian arms market alone is never enough to turn a profit. Lithgow are part of the Thales group right? Perhaps their civilian arm is running at a loss, but propped up by their mili output? Just some healthy speculation... :sarcasm:
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles