Noob to forum. Rekindled passion I almost forgot I had...

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Noob to forum. Rekindled passion I almost forgot I had..

Post by AussieTimmeh » 19 May 2014, 10:59 am

Welcome back!

It's surprisingly addictive.

Very upset to hear about the poachers shooting your deer, that makes me so angry.
Savage Model 10 BAT/S .308, Savage Mk II .22LR, RBD Omni-Break 500 Nitro Express
AussieTimmeh
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pucker » 20 May 2014, 11:45 am

Yeah the poaching thing is s**t.

I hadn't realised that was really an issue here in Aus.

Shame they can't do more about it.
pucker
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 20 May 2014, 10:50 pm

Worst thing is I can't help but think of semi local lads knowing when I'm not around.

I've flushed out one person on a quad bike on the crown land next to my farm only 100m away. He idled off into the scrub before I could get to him. But I wouldn't be surprised if people who come from the city for their holiday shoots get too excited by seeing them and want to test out their gun/loads.

People who can't hunt for s**t take the easy shots too I guess. So sporting of them with 2m high fences keeping farmed animals within range and view.

Track cams are on order.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Wes » 21 May 2014, 11:23 am

KWhorenet wrote:I've flushed out one person on a quad bike on the crown land next to my farm only 100m away. He idled off into the scrub before I could get to him.

Do those things have to be registered?

Any chance of a plate number or something to have over to the authorities?
Wes
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scrolllock » 21 May 2014, 11:28 am

Wes wrote:Do those things have to be registered?

Any chance of a plate number or something to have over to the authorities?

Yes, except... Found this on DSE website.

Legal requirements for trail bike riding on public land

If you are registered, licensed and stay on formed road and tracks you are welcome to ride on the forest roads. If you are unlicensed and unregistered you are limited to private land or motorcycle club venues.

Trail bike riders, like all other vehicles user, are required to follow certain legal requirements. Significant fines can be issued to trail bike riders if caught breaking the law in State forests, parks and reserves. To avoid the inconvenience and costs of fines and prosecutions, do the right thing and make sure you:

• Hold a current motorcycle licence (or learners permit) and your bike is registered and roadworthy
  • Are 18 years of age or older
  • Quad bikes (ATV's) can not be used on public land as they can't be legally registered for road use as they do not meet relevant safety standards

If he was on a quad bike looks like he shouldn't have been in the state forest anyway... And obviously not sneaking onto K's property...
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles