Bruno Fox Model 2 222

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Bruno Fox Model 2 222

Post by storm » 04 Jun 2023, 9:47 am

Morning all
seeking some advice i have a bruno fox 222model 2 just getting rebarreled want to put a Boyds all in 1 stock on it would the CZ 527 model stock b e the same for this action and do you think it would fit in one
thanks for any advice
storm
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Bruno Fox Model 2 222

Post by Cooper » 04 Jun 2023, 1:35 pm

I have two CZ 527s one in 222 and 223(mine are the MTR TARGET VERSION) I bought a Boyd’s thumb hole stock cheap from Cleavers. So it might be the fact I have the target version. But definitely not a drop in fit. Would need a fair bit of bedding work. My MTR’s have plastic recoil lug spacer also.

Also as a side note the 222 and 223 run different length magazines. Not interchangeable

I also seem to remember people chasing magazines for a Fox model Bruno. Not sure if the Fox model was something different or the fact that you need a 222 magazine as a 223 one won’t fit.

So I don’t actually know the answer. But I would be pretty sure it may need some work to fit. That might be doing a little bit of bedding work or filling in all the inletting and drilling new holes.

Also I assume your re-barreling 222? The magazine length could be an issue.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Bruno Fox Model 2 222

Post by BNR964 » 03 Jul 2023, 9:44 am

2.190 is max length in my Bruno Foxx 222 magazine. Not even sure if that reliably feeds (yet). ADI manual says around 2.140.
BNR964
Recruit
Recruit

-

Return to Centerfire rifles