Pta refusal?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Pta refusal?

Post by bigrich » 04 Jul 2023, 9:12 am

well , if the law gets their way and reduces/bans firearm ownership to a really low level , i wonder what their spin will be when ferals start invading lifestyle blocks owned by middle and upper class folks ? all around the outskirts of brisbane feral deer are becoming a problem . when pigs start invading peoples gardens and knocking over rubbish bins in outer suburbia it's going to get interesting ;)
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by deanp100 » 04 Jul 2023, 9:22 am

bigrich wrote:well , if the law gets their way and reduces/bans firearm ownership to a really low level , i wonder what their spin will be when ferals start invading lifestyle blocks owned by middle and upper class folks ? all around the outskirts of brisbane feral deer are becoming a problem . when pigs start invading peoples gardens and knocking over rubbish bins in outer suburbia it's going to get interesting ;)

Didn't you say you wanted really low ownership numbers and we were only harming our own cause by having extras.
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Jul 2023, 10:12 am

deanp100 wrote:
bigrich wrote:well , if the law gets their way and reduces/bans firearm ownership to a really low level , i wonder what their spin will be when ferals start invading lifestyle blocks owned by middle and upper class folks ? all around the outskirts of brisbane feral deer are becoming a problem . when pigs start invading peoples gardens and knocking over rubbish bins in outer suburbia it's going to get interesting ;)

Didn't you say you wanted really low ownership numbers and we were only harming our own cause by having extras.

nope , not at all . i basically stated that non-shooters can't see the reasoning for many rifles . the above post i made was more in relation to the number of firearm owners rather than the number of firearms they own . i don't agree with fionn's view , but licensing and non-shooters would like to see better reasoning with uses . in the eyes of licensing and GCA people owning lots of firearms gives them cause for concern and something to complain about from their point of view . and it gives them a point to argue true need .
as far as i'm concerned folks can own as many as they legally want :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by deanp100 » 04 Jul 2023, 10:36 am

bigrich wrote:
deanp100 wrote:

nope , not at all . i basically stated that non-shooters can't see the reasoning for many rifles . the above post i made was more in relation to the number of firearm owners rather than the number of firearms they own . i don't agree with fionn's view , but licensing and non-shooters would like to see better reasoning with uses . in the eyes of licensing and GCA people owning lots of firearms gives them cause for concern and something to complain about from their point of view . and it gives them a point to argue true need .

You've redeemed yourself . I thought we had lost you for a while there .
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Jul 2023, 10:50 am

deanp100 wrote:
bigrich wrote:
deanp100 wrote:

You've redeemed yourself . I thought we had lost you for a while there .

:D :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles