Lithgow LA101 CrossOver

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Lithgow LA101 CrossOver

Post by crush » 30 Jun 2014, 7:13 pm

zook60 wrote:there was a guy that did a review on Facebook.

Link?
crush
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Lithgow Crossover

Post by MeccaOz » 31 Jul 2014, 10:27 pm

So now they are out, anyone given them a decent test run ? I see the new batch has it's own poly magazine, going away from the CZ mags to.
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Shotfox » 01 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm

My gran had a Lithgow arms sowing machine and it worked fine - Does this count :lol:
Shotfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Blackened » 01 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm

They're reliable, but a needles range isn't long enough for me, Shotfox :lol:
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by bumpy » 06 Oct 2014, 7:26 pm

I found this on you tube. I'm new to the whole shooting game, and watched this, and i thought the stock/body looked cheap, but according to this video, seems to shoot well with certain ammo, but like i said, i'm new to it all, so i know $h!t, but thought i would share the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjUOnwq9viM
bumpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by crush » 08 Oct 2014, 12:45 pm

In the end I couldn't be bothered waiting and got something else, but thanks for the vid bumpy.
crush
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 10 Oct 2014, 2:59 pm

Yeah crush, I too am getting a bit sick of the waiting game.
Our local GS hasn't seen any yet but said that a Brisbane shop "got a few in". While I was in the local GS, had a look at a ISSC SPA (straight pull action) rifle from Austria for $750.00 but not in 22Mag. and is chasing one up. I didn't mind it but stock looks a bit ordinary in synthetic, so might look at wood.
Anyone heard any reports on these?
cheers,
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 10 Oct 2014, 4:11 pm

RoginaJack wrote: While I was in the local GS, had a look at a ISSC SPA (straight pull action) rifle from Austria for $750.00 .............................................................................//
cheers,

I have heard a vague rumour that the is some issue with feeding, or reliability in some aspect, but can't remember anymore than that. Didn't take much notice because i already have a straight pull T-bolt (Browning). I'd do some research before laying down the money, only because the ISSCA SPA are so new and info is scarce. Google is your friend.

Cheers
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by RoginaJack » 24 Oct 2014, 3:10 pm

Went and checked out about ordering a Lithgow LA101, L.H. in .22mag. and all the local dealers did was just laugh at me - they haven't see any at all!
Absolutely no idea about a supply date other than to give 'em a ring in a months or so time.
So, shot a email of to Lithgow re supply and delivery date, not heard anything yet, so I wait with abated breath...
Cheers,
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 24 Oct 2014, 7:28 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Yeah crush, I too am getting a bit sick of the waiting game.
Our local GS hasn't seen any yet but said that a Brisbane shop "got a few in". While I was in the local GS, had a look at a ISSC SPA (straight pull action) rifle from Austria for $750.00 but not in 22Mag. and is chasing one up. I didn't mind it but stock looks a bit ordinary in synthetic, so might look at wood.
cheers,

Hey RoginaJack that ISSC SPA look pretty good and not overpriced like a lot are now. Can I ask how she goes ? and is the pull lever plastic or metal ? any plastic on the gun ? Any gripes with it ?
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 24 Oct 2014, 8:51 pm

Dunno, can't get it in 22mag at present. The local GS is chasing one up. Will check back in November.

Cheers,
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Warrigul » 25 Oct 2014, 11:03 am

I tried out a Lithgow crossover during the week, accuracy wise off the bench with three different types of ammo it was as good as anything else in sporter guise I have, offhand it felt wierd to start with(I didn't check dimensions with my other rifles) but felt surprisingly good during a practice round of 2P.

I would prefer it to a savage and it is every bit as good as a CZ-as long as you don't mind plastic.

The only hold back is the price which is $500 more than an equivalent in Savage/marlin and around $250 more than a CZ.

The Made in Australia is worth that $250 if that is your angle, when you see blokes shelling out over $1000 for Anschutz's which are often fussy on ammo and often have issues feeding powerpoints then $1000 for a Lithgow isn't too bad.

I don't think anyone would be wasting money if they bought one.

Just my humble opinions.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by agentzero » 26 Oct 2014, 1:59 pm

Warrigul wrote:offhand it felt weird to start with(I didn't check dimensions with my other rifles) but felt surprisingly good during a practice round of 2P.

Weird lengthwise? Width? Or general grip?
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Warrigul » 26 Oct 2014, 2:44 pm

General grip, hard to describe but It felt like I was holding a lump of clay, totally unnatural but it definately suited me after a while.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Wobble » 26 Oct 2014, 7:17 pm

Sounds like an ergonomic char :lol:
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Oct 2014, 8:59 am

Just a quick update on the email re 22 mag in L.H.

I received this very prompt reply from Ben Jones at Lithgow this morning -

Thanks for your email.

The .22LR is currently available and you should be able to get hold of that - with a little waiting after you place an order. It's not available in L/H yet though, but will be shortly.

I'm afraid the wait for a .22 MAG will be somewhat longer. With the .22LR released, we're now focussed on development and release of the .223 and .308 centrefires in around mid-2015. The remaining rimfires calibres in .22 WSM and .17HMR will come after that.

Hopefully these clears things up a little for you.

Thanks for your interest in Lithgow Arms.
Regards,
Ben Jones
Sales
Lithgow Arms
www.lithgowarms.com

So, anyone looking for a .223 or .308 you have a tentive release date....

So now what's a good 22mag in a left handed action??

Cheers,
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 27 Oct 2014, 1:02 pm

Handled the Crossover for the first time over the weekend. Seriously wouldn't mind one, they are a nice looking thing and feel good to shoulder and cycle (empty). Just need the lefty. Maybe i'll wait for a lefty in 223!??!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Norton » 27 Oct 2014, 1:32 pm

CZ 452 comes in left handed 22mag I'm pretty sure.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bennybigbores » 27 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm

I'd love a new Lithgow rifle, but I got enough .22's surely they are moving into center Fire???? .303!!!!
Howa axiom varmint .243
C.Gustav 6.5x55 (sporterised)
Savage mkII T.hole varmint 17hmr
Chiappa lever action 12g
Baikal S.Shot .308
Mossberg plinkster .22
Norinco lever .22
E.T.C
Bennybigbores
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 27 Oct 2014, 7:11 pm

Norton wrote:CZ 452 comes in left handed 22mag I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, it does. Or did. Are they still commonly available???

Thought they were being phased out?
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Oct 2014, 7:20 pm

I know a fella who has one, I've had a look at it a while back, nice machine work etc, his had feed issues for some reason but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to sort out. Group wise it was so so, I've seen others shoot very well too so not sure what to make of his one.

I wouldn't say no to one if I was buying a 1st 22, I've got a couple of 22's so no need for me to sell those for this one, no real gain in performance to warrant it.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Norton » 28 Oct 2014, 10:19 am

Gwion wrote:Yeah, it does. Or did. Are they still commonly available???

Thought they were being phased out?

Just going off the top of my head here mate, not something I've recently checked.

If you've got info to say they're discontinued them I'm not suggesting otherwise.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Nov 2014, 1:25 pm

Yep, handled and had a little play with a LA101 in 22LR on Friday in Launceston, Tas., would you believe! Very impressed with it actually, and liked it better than the Austria ISSC SPA in 22LR. The fore-end grip suited me better and adjustable stock length. BUT, can I wait for it in 22mag and LH>?.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Korkt » 06 Nov 2014, 12:54 pm

RoginaJack wrote:I think the release date was June and the SSAA mag gives the prototype a glowing write up.

Review from Sporting Shooters mag here to read for anyone still interested - We shoot Lithgow Arms 101 Crossover!
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jennageit » 15 Dec 2014, 10:04 am

After putting close to 50 rounds through one yesterday (at the range), and using 6 different brands of ammunition, I wont be buying one.
If one was given to me, it might be a different story, but I'd probably sell it to put the money into a Zastava, Savage or similar.

I'm writing a review for the two I used yesterday, if anyone would like to know what I thought of it, please feel free to PM me. I can't discuss it on an open forum until after I've submitted my review to the magazine and manufacturer.

Jenna
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Dec 2014, 10:26 am

Why are you doing firearms reviews when you have no real experience/knowledge of firearms? No disrespect meant but just seems like an odd situation to get someone with no real firearms experience to review a firearm? (scratches head).
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by brett1868 » 15 Dec 2014, 11:27 am

bigfellascott wrote:Why are you doing firearms reviews when you have no real experience/knowledge of firearms? No disrespect meant but just seems like an odd situation to get someone with no real firearms experience to review a firearm? (scratches head).

I quite like reviews from different perspectives and Jenna is just offering a hers from a new shooters and a ladys angle. Hopefully it'll encourage more women to try out the sport which can only be good for all of us. Just because someone dosen't have years of experience doesn't mean they cannot contribute an opinion on a firearm. Gaston Glock had no experience of firearm design or manufactuer and we know how he turned out.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Dec 2014, 12:20 pm

brett1868 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Why are you doing firearms reviews when you have no real experience/knowledge of firearms? No disrespect meant but just seems like an odd situation to get someone with no real firearms experience to review a firearm? (scratches head).

I quite like reviews from different perspectives and Jenna is just offering a hers from a new shooters and a ladys angle. Hopefully it'll encourage more women to try out the sport which can only be good for all of us. Just because someone dosen't have years of experience doesn't mean they cannot contribute an opinion on a firearm. Gaston Glock had no experience of firearm design or manufactuer and we know how he turned out.

To me a firearms review should be done by someone with experience not someone with very limited experience/no experience - I'm funny like that - I'd rather hear from people with experience than people with none (no disrespect to Jenna) but that's how I see anything regarding reviews on it, they should be done by those with sound knowledge and experience - or else it just someone's opinion based on very limited experience.

Each to their own of course, that's just the way I see it but I guess if she clearly states her lack of skill/experience etc it should be ok, I just wouldn't want people to base their purchase decisions on someone's lack of said experience/knowledge.

Cheers
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by RoginaJack » 15 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

I'm with Brett on this 'cause the reviews of so called "experts" follows the same old pattern, "and I fitted the 22lr with a 6-60X80mm (insert brand name) scope, (supplied by) and mounted it etc, etc,.

It may be refreshing to read a review from a new shooter that is not relying on giving a glowing report for repeat business.

Looking forward to seeing Jenna's' review.

Cheers,
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

RoginaJack wrote:

I'm with Brett on this 'cause the reviews of so called "experts" follows the same old pattern, "and I fitted the 22lr with a 6-60X80mm (insert brand name) scope, (supplied by) and mounted it etc, etc,.

It may be refreshing to read a review from a new shooter that is not relying on giving a glowing report for repeat business.

Looking forward to seeing Jenna's' review.

Cheers,

Fair enough, tell me would you buy something on the say so of someone with no experience/knowledge of what they are talking about or would you prefer to get advice on a potential purchase from someone with years of experience/knowledge?

I don't have an issue with her doing a review just so long as its made very clear that she has only recently obtained her license and has next to no experience with firearms and their workings etc, then people will be able to make a more informed opinion on the review.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

PreviousNext

Return to Centerfire rifles