What caliber for aliens.

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

What caliber for aliens.

Post by womble » 30 Jul 2023, 7:37 pm

We have an alien problem. Apparently they’re not friendly. Someone could have mentioned this sooner perhaps but here we are.
I don’t see submarines performing well in space so we just blew that down the toilet.
We need to be building giant robots to fight the aliens.
Now if i sight an alien on crown land or permitting private property. What are we talking here. 45-70. Is that overkill.
Has anyone here ever shot one.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: What caliber for aliens.

Post by bigpete » 30 Jul 2023, 8:13 pm

10mm pulse rifle
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 30 Jul 2023, 8:25 pm

I just use a pitchfork. Hillbilly style.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 30 Jul 2023, 9:01 pm

Don't sweat it, Donald Trump brought us the US Space Force who have 77 spaceships under their command (nearly all just satellites though) to save us from the little green men.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 30 Jul 2023, 11:39 pm

45cal virus
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 31 Jul 2023, 10:30 am

We’ll need some decent “wompability” so .58 muzzleloader would do the job.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 31 Jul 2023, 11:10 am

I bought a couple of guns unseen, but I think they were owned by MIB or something.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Bello » 31 Jul 2023, 11:20 am

Light saber
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by womble » 31 Jul 2023, 2:33 pm

I think the pitchfork might be the go tbh. Apparently their advanced tech can jam all our weapons systems. Annoyingly.
But your advanced technology isn’t going to shutdown a pitchfork . You won’t be hacking into the mainframe of a pitchfork.
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.
And despite language and communication barriers, a pitchfork sticking out of one of their bobble heads does send a crystal clear message.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 31 Jul 2023, 5:39 pm

Well to look at it logically their body is not very muscle dense so penetration should not be an issue, Getting good energy transfer assisted by deformation is the key.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by bigrich » 31 Jul 2023, 5:57 pm

oh good lord :roll: this is a very "womble" post :lol:

i'll go with a loudspeaker system that plays really loud "ole timmey" yodelling country music like in "mars attacks" :D

i guess it depends on what type of aliens are attacking ;) a thompson with 50 round drum mag wouldn't go astray , with a sawn off shotty and a scottish claymore broadsword for good measure :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Vince24 » 31 Jul 2023, 8:01 pm

This is a silly post indeed.

Because the matter was already examined by the Alien Friendly Cooperation Agency and their calibre recommendation is:

577 Tyrannosaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDixRBDjaj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmmZBGbcsNg

The Agency noted the following additional comments:

- Be aware the Alien may be a bit pissed-off if you manage to blow up its first head
- The follow-up shot with a 577 T-Rex is not as easy as with your 6.5 Creed (have to pick up the rifle first)
- When hunting aliens, always make sure to go with a bloke who can't run as fast as you (in case you do find one).

Good hunting mates !
Vince24
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Jul 2023, 9:19 pm

I have used my 30.06 successfully on Yowies. Does that qualify it for Aliens?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 01 Aug 2023, 3:03 am

Thanks for sharing your research VInce , very compelling :thumbsup:
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by northdude » 01 Aug 2023, 4:02 am

Just use that tampon gun a guy over your way made
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Shootermick » 01 Aug 2023, 6:37 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I have used my 30.06 successfully on Yowies. Does that qualify it for Aliens?

Pretty sure Yowies are protected. You better keep that quiet.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Aug 2023, 8:16 pm

Shootermick wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I have used my 30.06 successfully on Yowies. Does that qualify it for Aliens?

Pretty sure Yowies are protected. You better keep that quiet.

Oops.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 03 Aug 2023, 7:50 pm

7.62 Nato in the mighty SLR. God's own bangstick.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by mickb » 07 Aug 2023, 2:38 am

ideally a 378 wby with Speer African game slam solids. These were the old tungsten carbide core solids, in tests they punched through hard armour like a 50BMG. I have neither a 378wby and the Speer AGS was discontinued 15 years ago so it will have to be a 44mag rossi
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by womble » 07 Aug 2023, 4:30 am

See mickB is taking this seriously and I commend him for it.
I don’t think a lot of you are taking this very seriously and when they invade just remember I told you so.
Given that somehow nearly every thread has concluded that the 44 magnum can do anything I think a pitchfork in one hand and a lever action carbine 44 magnum in the other.
These are the people who will survive.
The rest of you should’ve listened
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 07 Aug 2023, 5:40 am

womble wrote:See mickB is taking this seriously and I commend him for it.
I don’t think a lot of you are taking this very seriously and when they invade just remember I told you so.
Given that somehow nearly every thread has concluded that the 44 magnum can do anything I think a pitchfork in one hand and a lever action carbine 44 magnum in the other.

A 44 mag is a good idea, but I’ll settle with a highlanders claymore over your pitchfork mate :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 07 Aug 2023, 9:29 am

no1mk3 lol dont count on it biden has picked libs that are trying to find out woman is and men wear dresses and want you to call them miss to run every thing
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigpete » 07 Aug 2023, 12:49 pm

bigrich wrote:

A 44 mag is a good idea, but I’ll settle with a highlanders claymore over your pitchfork mate :D

What sort ? The baskethilt single hander,the forward cross guard hand a half sword,or the 6 foot long lowlander style 2 handed sword ?
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 07 Aug 2023, 2:48 pm

bigpete wrote:
bigrich wrote:

What sort ? The baskethilt single hander,the forward cross guard hand a half sword,or the 6 foot long lowlander style 2 handed sword ?

Basket hilt single handed , double edged. Early British highland regiment style. I’m diverging here, but do a google on “mad jack churchill” who was a British commando during WW2 . He went into battle with a basket hilt sword, a longbow over his shoulder, and played the bagpipes when disembarking a landing craft. One of the more colourful characters of the British army. Men in black would have nothing on him when dealing with aliens :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mickb » 07 Aug 2023, 3:22 pm

yeah its no laughing matter mate. The advantage of the 378 is its one of the fastest regular bigbores, you can even snipe with it. If the aliens have armour or forcefields maybe nothing will get through, but the cylindrical TC core of an AGS solid at 2900fps has about the best chance below a 408 cheytac or 50BMG with Raufoss rounds. Even with non expanding solids a 378wby has the frontal area and velocity to make a nasty hole should they be larger animal type aliens, maybe like the critters from starship troopers. Just saw on mainstream news russia narrowly avoided a nuclear war due to UFO's( actual news story wtf :wtf: ) so maybe I need to start shopping for a MkV wby.. :thumbsup:
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 07 Aug 2023, 6:36 pm

bigrich wrote:
bigpete wrote:
bigrich wrote:

Basket hilt single handed , double edged. Early British highland regiment style. I’m diverging here, but do a google on “mad jack churchill” who was a British commando during WW2 . He went into battle with a basket hilt sword, a longbow over his shoulder, and played the bagpipes when disembarking a landing craft. One of the more colourful characters of the British army. Men in black would have nothing on him when dealing with aliens :D

I'm familiar with mad jack
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Aug 2023, 8:48 pm

womble wrote:We have an alien problem. Apparently they’re not friendly. Someone could have mentioned this sooner perhaps but here we are.
I don’t see submarines performing well in space so we just blew that down the toilet.
We need to be building giant robots to fight the aliens.
Now if i sight an alien on crown land or permitting private property. What are we talking here. 45-70. Is that overkill.
Has anyone here ever shot one.

Really ?????

:crazy:

You need to find a woman (or a bloke),,,,, and get a life.
And stop smoking whatever you've got stashed in your hidey hole,,,, it's not doing you any favors.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by womble » 08 Aug 2023, 9:25 am

Really?
I don't know. I'll believe it when they show us these recovered craft and will keep an open mind. No harm in having fun with it meanwhile.
:unknown: I really couldn't wish for a better life tbh.
Hasn't been without hardship and loss. But the last few years I've been blessed and successful.
Seeing as you asked my 15th year anniversary with my wife is this year.
I would never want for another woman :drinks:
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Aug 2023, 9:32 pm

Only 15 years ?
You've not really begun the learning curve yet.

Praps we (enough gun members) could pass the hat around and purchase a bulk buy of Alfoil for ya. :lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by womble » 09 Aug 2023, 4:25 am

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles