Carcano clips

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Carcano clips

Post by Rutabaga » 16 Sep 2023, 4:52 pm

I picked up a cheap carcano on a whim recently. Now i need to get a few enbloc clips for it. The prices online that I've found seem pretty expensive for what they are. A few of them and I'll be out as much as i paid for the rifle (maybe that's why i got such a good deal).

Does anyone know a reasonable .au source for clips?
Rutabaga
Recruit
Recruit

-

Re: Carcano clips

Post by No1Mk3 » 16 Sep 2023, 6:00 pm

There are no reasonable source of clips, Australia or otherwise. if you buy from the US from the limited places that will ship expect to pay US$22 (Au$34) landed here. Go to the gun shows and look around, I found 2 at a recent show for $8 each.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Rutabaga » 17 Sep 2023, 7:14 am

Thanks, i was afraid that might be the case. I guess I'll just get one or two and then keep an eye out for a deal.
Rutabaga
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Rutabaga » 18 Sep 2023, 7:13 am

I managed to find one on ebay for $30 in Australia. Im fairly happy with that, I've still got less than $200 in the gun.

Now the search begins for the mythical .268 projectile....
Rutabaga
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by bladeracer » 18 Sep 2023, 10:56 am

Rutabaga wrote:I managed to find one on ebay for $30 in Australia. Im fairly happy with that, I've still got less than $200 in the gun.

Now the search begins for the mythical .268 projectile....

Start with the Hornady .264" 160gn RN, it's the only bullet that shoots for me in the Carcano. The .267" version I save for my Dutch Mannlichers. You can also try the Lee 170gn Cruise Missile mould if you can find one, it throws the bullets nice and fat.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 18 Sep 2023, 11:46 am

You will have great trouble finding the correct size projie as the Prvi agent won't import it and Hornady have ceased production. May be a box of old stock somewhere but don't hold your breath. I buy cheap military ammo and pull the bullets (the Berdan primers are at least 60% duds) or load the 160g Hornady .264" that bladeracer mentioned which shoots acceptably in all my Carcano.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles