Taipan X

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Taipan X

Post by Shootermick » 01 Nov 2023, 4:59 pm

I’m wondering about the new Taipan X.
Spring assisted pump and straight pull. My question is, would it be possible to remove the pump slide from outside the hand guard, and just use it as a straight pull. Poor man’s Warwick I know, but then you could rest the forend on a bag, ute window etc and still cycle the action with the straight pull.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Taipan X

Post by womble » 01 Nov 2023, 5:18 pm

Don’t own one but doubtful. If the foregrip was removed the action bar or bars ? Would be free floating.
And the spring would go boing.
But you could maybe remove spring and action bars but then how does the bolt sit in the reciever. If it affects that or not :unknown:
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 03 Nov 2023, 6:46 pm

womble wrote:Don’t own one but doubtful. If the foregrip was removed the action bar or bars ? Would be free floating.
And the spring would go boing.
But you could maybe remove spring and action bars but then how does the bolt sit in the reciever. If it affects that or not :unknown:

Well it sounded like a good idea to me, but I believe you’re most probably right Womble. I’m sure the slide screws do more to hold and centre the spring release, as well as attach the slide.
Still wish someone would rip out the allen keys and do the experiment for me though.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by madang55 » 02 Dec 2023, 5:40 pm

Not sure which one exactly....but.....there are repeat offenders....these things are repeatedly getting jammed at the range. See a group gathering with an RO in the middle, and yep, again, one of those pump action .223 jammed again. With no apparent fix other than back to the shop. Don't know why, but I've seen several
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by stihl88 » 03 Dec 2023, 10:45 am

Save up a bit more and get an Oceania Precision SP-15(1st) or the Warwick (2nd).
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles