Sling and forward hardware fot swedish mauser

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Sling and forward hardware fot swedish mauser

Post by Earnie » 24 Nov 2023, 11:26 am

Hey, I've inherited a mauser from my father. I hunted with it when I was a boy. It is a Carl Gustafs Stads Gevarsfaktori Interarmco G33/50. It looks like I need a barrel band and swivel. The barrel is 17". It is a great little deer rifle in the woods. It's never had a sling. I am including pics. Can anyone tell me what hardware and which sling to pick up? Thanks, Bruce
Earnie
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Re: Sling and forward hardware fot swedish mauser

Post by No1Mk3 » 25 Nov 2023, 2:31 pm

Earnie wrote:Hey, I've inherited a mauser from my father. I hunted with it when I was a boy. It is a Carl Gustafs Stads Gevarsfaktori Interarmco G33/50. It looks like I need a barrel band and swivel. The barrel is 17". It is a great little deer rifle in the woods. It's never had a sling. I am including pics. Can anyone tell me what hardware and which sling to pick up? Thanks, Bruce

Original slings for these are rare and very expensive, the K Model sub-machine gun sling can be used, a bit cheaper and easier to find, or a repro sling (even these are US$60 though). Libertytree sell used m/96 slings for about US$25, and could easily be modified to work like the originals. As for the barrel band, if Libertytree doesn't have one Sarco might, Only other option is try ebay, a US based seller, Kaifs, has a lot of Swedish stuff usually but exactly what I don't know as he won't ship International so I don't take much notice of his sales, PS: Your pics didn't come through, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles