Australian built lever release 223

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Australian built lever release 223

Post by Shootermick » 20 Mar 2024, 4:58 pm

https://eurekaguns.au/

Came across this one.
We’ve got the pump action Taipan, and now a new Aussie lever release.
Don’t know that I’d buy one, but good to see some more Aussie manufacturing all the same.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Australian built lever release 223

Post by Blr243 » 20 Mar 2024, 9:57 pm

I call it the wonder gun because I wonder will it ever get out of the shop and into my grubby paws
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 21 Mar 2024, 2:57 am

Looks like they still have some work to do but good for them, hopefully they bring it to market.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Shootermick » 21 Mar 2024, 5:44 am

Blr243 wrote:I call it the wonder gun because I wonder will it ever get out of the shop and into my grubby paws

You can put down a refundable $100 deposit to get in the queue for one when they come out.
Would possibly be a good thermal rifle.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 21 Mar 2024, 6:13 am

Already done
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 21 Mar 2024, 6:15 am

Been thinking about a 223 for a while now. Not had one since 1996. So Chesp to feed with factory ppu. No way in hell will I be reloading for this. ESP when primers are 28 cents each
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 21 Mar 2024, 6:17 am

Already done
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by stihl88 » 21 Mar 2024, 9:17 am

I believe Oceania Precision is releasing a button/lever release soon. They're the best on the market IMO, Warrick/Wedgetail next...
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Mar 2024, 10:04 am

It'll be interesting watching this going front concept to reality.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by geoff » 21 Mar 2024, 12:08 pm

I swear that Aussie businesses hate success

Putting the quote "When injustice becomes law, resistance is duty" on your website is no doubt a great way to ingratiate yourselves with the notoriously friendly firearms licensing branches of our various state agencies
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Blr243 » 21 Mar 2024, 5:52 pm

I agree 100 per cent Geoff. When I saw that I thought to myself.. that should not be there. It’s ok to think like that but don’t advertise it. I would be kissing the ass of the licence ing authorities if I was trying to get a product accepted nationwide
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Shootermick » 21 Mar 2024, 5:58 pm

Blr243 wrote:Already done

What’s your plan with it? Thermal?
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 21 Mar 2024, 6:01 pm

geoff wrote:I swear that Aussie businesses hate success

Putting the quote "When injustice becomes law, resistance is duty" on your website is no doubt a great way to ingratiate yourselves with the notoriously friendly firearms licensing branches of our various state agencies

I was disappointed to see that myself.
Who do they think they're marketing to, 'Mericans?
As you said, the various police and FAR, not to mention the "Sam Lees", will capitalise on that in a heartbeat.
Dickh
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 21 Mar 2024, 6:02 pm

As you said, the various police and FAR, not to mention the "Sam Lee's", will capitalise on that in a heartbeat.

Dick heads.

That said, looks like a good unit.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 21 Mar 2024, 8:26 pm

Yep , more than likely stick the pulsar on top of it
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Mar 2024, 9:17 pm

100% :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by alexjones » 25 Mar 2024, 8:06 am

Them listing their company values makes me want to buy one so I can support fellow patriots. I hate seeing people bend over and take it dry.

Not every shooter in this country is a limp wrist who likes to live on our knees in fear. Some of us do not like the laws in this country and we let it be known that we don't like them. We are true to our core values instead off thinking something yet saying another. I am not saying break the law. I am saying navigate the law to the best of ones ability and make the best of it until we can change the law.

Some people have morals and some don't.

The only reason all these lever release, button release, mars release etc etc even exist is because of communists and their stupid laws. Their existence shows human ingenuity at its finest trying to navigate stupid laws.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wyliecoyote » 25 Mar 2024, 9:57 am

I fail to see the attraction with these make believe M4 look alike rifles. Ergonomically unfriendly, heavy, poorly balanced equivalent of plastic hub caps to look like real mag wheels and only found in Australia. Nowhere else has this pretend semi auto affliction. The only thing going for them is that they are modular where they keep fledgling companies making buttstocks and grips in business.
Wyliecoyote
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 25 Mar 2024, 10:07 am

Wyliecoyote wrote:I fail to see the attraction with these make believe M4 look alike rifles. Ergonomically unfriendly, heavy, poorly balanced equivalent of plastic hub caps to look like real mag wheels and only found in Australia. Nowhere else has this pretend semi auto affliction. The only thing going for them is that they are modular where they keep fledgling companies making buttstocks and grips in business.

Maybe because nowhere else has our gay commie laws? Everywhere else allows self loading rim fires easily.

Ergonomically unfriendly? I will have to disagree. The AR platform is probably the most ergonomic firearm on the planet in my opinion as well as modular. Ease of use thumb safety selector(up fire down safe) and mag release, last round bolt open, easily remove the pin to take the lower and upper apart for cleaning. They are very ergonomic.

Pumps, lever releases etc allow for fast follow up shots without breaking ones sight.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 25 Mar 2024, 12:44 pm

Lazarus wrote:

As you said, the various police and FAR, not to mention the "Sam Lees", will capitalise on that in a heartbeat.
Dickh

Sam Lees hasn't been in the news for years. Therefore continues to be irrelevant.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Wyliecoyote » 25 Mar 2024, 1:00 pm

Sorry Alex as someone that has spent time in the military with M4s, as well as after then, the M4 platform is about repair and replacement in the field without the need for an armourer should a gun fail where you can rob parts from another like the uppers, lowers, buffer tubes etc. The same could also be done with the SLR when it was issued and now with the Steyr. All three platforms to me are just junk other people drool over. I will never forgive our government for taking away my SA M1A supermatch, a true sub MOA semi, 20 round magazine well balanced and a stock suitable to carry or sling whilst on a trail bike.

If it was true that the M4 style platform was as ergonomic as some claim, they would dominate 3P, 4P, Field rifle and silhouette and other forms of competition. But they don't, yet to see one used for anything more than a show piece at ranges. I'd like to see a deer stalker comment on here if they have used this style of platform. It simply comes down to fashion over function, they are the current fashion.

https://youtu.be/4WH3uNE_0uA?si=rHuuultdTt9enUDe
Wyliecoyote
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 25 Mar 2024, 1:26 pm

Wyliecoyote wrote:Sorry Alex as someone that has spent time in the military with M4s, as well as after then, the M4 platform is about repair and replacement in the field without the need for an armourer should a gun fail where you can rob parts from another like the uppers, lowers, buffer tubes etc. The same could also be done with the SLR when it was issued and now with the Steyr. All three platforms to me are just junk other people drool over. I will never forgive our government for taking away my SA M1A supermatch, a true sub MOA semi, 20 round magazine well balanced and a stock suitable to carry or sling whilst on a trail bike.

If it was true that the M4 style platform was as ergonomic as some claim, they would dominate 3P, 4P, Field rifle and silhouette and other forms of competition. But they don't, yet to see one used for anything more than a show piece at ranges. I'd like to see a deer stalker comment on here if they have used this style of platform. It simply comes down to fashion over function, they are the current fashion.

It appears we might disagree on the term "ergonomic". To me it refers to usability and ease of use. Which the the AR platform can't be beat for ease of use, usability and reliability. It is a tried and true platform with an intermediate cartridge and minimal felt recoil. I am one of the lucky ones who the government allows to use self loading longarms. I have an AR and an AK and they are both so simple and reliable to operate a literal child can (and they do in some countries) use them with ease. It is a lot easier to train a new shooter on an AR than a M1/A

The Springfield you refer to is a great rifle but requires more training in its use and operation for the end user over an AR. Thus it is not as ergonomic in my opinion.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by stihl88 » 26 Mar 2024, 8:28 am

Lazarus wrote:

As you said, the various police and FAR, not to mention the "Sam Lee's", will capitalise on that in a heartbeat.

Dick heads.

That said, looks like a good unit.

Leave the Americans alone, this ones on you this time :lol: The slogan falls inline with the "Eureka Stockade" and has been seen on the stockade flags of late, given that the name of the business is "Euraka Gun Company" and the firearm in question is called the "Eureka Stockade" it all makes sense.

Don't be so quick to America bash next time :silent:

Aint nothing wrong with sticking up for your countries values either... "If the slogan fits, wear it"
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by d4n73n » 26 Mar 2024, 10:11 pm

Definitely less of an eyesore than the Chimera
d4n73n
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 01 Apr 2024, 11:07 pm

Wyliecoyote wrote:Sorry Alex as someone that has spent time in the military with M4s, as well as after then, the M4 platform is about repair and replacement in the field without the need for an armourer should a gun fail where you can rob parts from another like the uppers, lowers, buffer tubes etc. The same could also be done with the SLR when it was issued and now with the Steyr. All three platforms to me are just junk other people drool over. I will never forgive our government for taking away my SA M1A supermatch, a true sub MOA semi, 20 round magazine well balanced and a stock suitable to carry or sling whilst on a trail bike.

Couldve just said you're a fudd and saved us all from reading that essay. Britain had lever release rifles for years before they were even considered here. And since we can't get semi autos, these firearms are the best the average A/B shooter will get in regards to speed.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles