on cleaning..

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

on cleaning..

Post by safeshot » 21 Mar 2024, 6:52 pm

re cleaning.
I use flannelette cut 65 mm x 26 mm. This size I have arrived at over time. The 65 is nominal but the 26 is a must 25 or less then too loose over 26 and it can be tight.

for the .22 I use one piece of cloth and for the bigger bores place one then another at 90degrees over it onto the the spike of the cleaning jag.
I start the cleaning with a air blast down the barrel from receiver end. then I use a swab whetted in Lanoline then wipe that out then use that wonder product "G-96"..
cheers.. :thumbsup:
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Re: on cleaning..

Post by SCJ429 » 21 Mar 2024, 7:45 pm

You need a carbon cleaner followed up by a copper solvent. The rim fire is a bit different.
No barrel will shoot well if it is fouled with copper or carbon.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Re: on cleaning..

Post by deye243 » 21 Mar 2024, 10:01 pm

safeshot wrote:re cleaning.
I use flannelette cut 65 mm x 26 mm. This size I have arrived at over time. The 65 is nominal but the 26 is a must 25 or less then too loose over 26 and it can be tight.

for the .22 I use one piece of cloth and for the bigger bores place one then another at 90degrees over it onto the the spike of the cleaning jag.
I start the cleaning with a air blast down the barrel from receiver end. then I use a swab whetted in Lanoline then wipe that out then use that wonder product "G-96"..
cheers.. :thumbsup:

Just wondering why you don't like cleaning your rifles :allegedly:
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles