Remlin

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Remlin

Post by MeccaOz » 20 Jun 2014, 5:58 pm

Does anyone know if the remington marlins are getting any better since the takeover ? I hear different stories, but generally people seem to think that quality is on the rise again. Any thought people ?
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: Remlin

Post by chilliman » 20 Jun 2014, 6:13 pm

I'm with you on this MOz, I love the look of the 336 but hearing the adverse comments on here I'm not sure it is a good idea.
Mark

Gamo Hunter IGT .22
Weihrauch HW60J .22lr
223 + 308 5R's have arrived
Lee Enfield #4

get some
chilliman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 20 Jun 2014, 11:59 pm

Lot of the problems were right after rem bought marlin they have got better problem is Price for the marlin has really gone up almost double.

You can't beat a lever gun there is a reason the 3030 is still popular over a 100 years later gun makers hate it they want want to sell you on the next best thing.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by MeccaOz » 21 Jun 2014, 12:25 am

wrenchman wrote:Lot of the problems were right after rem bought marlin they have got better problem is Price for the marlin has really gone up almost double.
You can't beat a lever gun there is a reason the 3030 is still popular over a 100 years later gun makers hate it they want want to sell you on the next best thing.

Yeah Agree with ya totally mate. My first ever gun was a marlin and have always owned one, except for now, so I would like to get another one. Thanks for the update on their quality control, much appreciated :)
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by riggee » 21 Jun 2014, 12:10 pm

Agree about the price of the Marlins :(

I'd love a 336 Big Loop in 30-30.

Looked at getting one ages ago but just too much $$ for an extra rifle I don't really need.

Bit of a price drop and I could be convinced though.
Remington 700 Milspec 5R .300 Win Mag
Mossberg 640 KD .22 WMR
riggee
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by Khan » 21 Jun 2014, 12:15 pm

I've read reports about the hit and miss nature of Marlin in the past.

There are some good ones out there though, I have a 44 mag 1894 and it's the business.
44 Rem. Magnum Marlin Model 1894
.280 Rem. Browning X-Bolt Hunter
Khan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 21 Jun 2014, 9:25 pm

MeccaOz wrote:Does anyone know if the remington marlins are getting any better since the takeover ? I hear different stories, but generally people seem to think that quality is on the rise again. Any thought people ?

You mean now that production has transferred to China? ?? :D
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by MeccaOz » 21 Jun 2014, 10:03 pm

1290 wrote:
MeccaOz wrote:Does anyone know if the remington marlins are getting any better since the takeover ? I hear different stories, but generally people seem to think that quality is on the rise again. Any thought people ?

You mean now that production has transferred to China? ?? :D

LOL I nearly gave up when you said that 1290 so I did a bit of research, still havent found a china link but i thought you might wanna see how far Remingtons arm's reach
Company Overview

Remington Outdoor Company, Inc., also known as Freedom Group, Inc., operates as a firearms, ammunition, and related products company primarily in the United States and Canada. It designs, manufactures, and markets a product line that serves the hunting, shooting sports, law enforcement, and military end-markets. The company operates through two segments, Firearms and Ammunition. The Firearms segment designs, manufactures, assembles, imports, and markets various sporting shotguns, rifles, handguns, modular firearms, and airguns under the Harrington & Richardson, Parker Gun, Dakota, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Marlin, Para, and Nesika brands. The Ammunition segment designs, manufactures, and markets sporting ammunition and ammunition reloading components. This segment produces SKUs of ammunition (loaded rounds and components) in 60 calibers and gauges for use in firearms, including centerfire rifles, rimfire rifles, shotguns, handguns, and various applications. This segment offers its products under the Remington, UMC, Remington Core-Lokt, Dakota, and Barnes brands. The company also sells various accessories, including gun care and cleaning products, firearms cases, and folding and collectible knives, and specialty outdoor apparel; and firearm care products, including cleaning chemicals, tools, and kits under the Remington and AAC brands, as well as men’s and women’s clothing for the specialty outdoor apparel segment under the 1816 and Mountain Khakis names. In addition, it licenses trademarks to third parties that manufacture and market sporting and outdoor products. The company markets and sells its products through sales personnel and manufacturers' sales representatives to dealers and chains, as well as end-users; and accessories through online store. Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. was founded in 1816 and is headquartered in Madison, North Carolina.
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by RealNick » 22 Jun 2014, 12:45 pm

Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. was founded in 1816 and is headquartered in Madison, North Carolina.

I dunno anything about how Remington and this might be my sceptical but every time a company says makes a big point of where they are located but not where they're made specifically it sounds to me like "ow ow look over here, don't look in chinas directions at their factories, nothing to see!"

:lol:
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles