Chiappa Badger

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Chiappa Badger

Post by Combat_Wombat » 22 Jun 2014, 8:34 pm

Anyone know anything about these? Seems like it would be a handy addition going on a hike and for plinking. Would the fact it folds up cause legal problems here?
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Chiappa Badger

Post by MeccaOz » 22 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm

They do sell them in Australia, I was thinking the same thing Mr Wombat, but after several videos on them, I do see a fair amount of plastic is involved.

Edit 1: [ removed dead link ]
Edit 2 : If you get one, can I have a play with it ? :D
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by WesleySnipes » 22 Jun 2014, 8:58 pm

These things look awesome. Wouldn't mind one in .22mag!

Looks as if it's good as we can get in Australia for a decent pack/hiking rifle.
WesleySnipes
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Combat_Wombat » 22 Jun 2014, 9:06 pm

Any idea on price? I can't seem to find anything. And no worries Meccaoz you bring a 500 brick of 22 mag and you can use it all you want haha
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 22 Jun 2014, 9:40 pm

Laffin, ok then deal. To be honest I know they do come out in .22 mag but I havent seen any in Australia, only .22LR. As for price, no idea in Australia, I guess an email sent off to Mialls might be the way to go. I sent them an email about the Alaskan 1892 take down a few days ago, so they might be sick of me :D

EDIT : I did see in a couple of the videos that guys were using normal .22LR in the .22 mag versions without any complaint from the rifle except for the case bulging out to chamber width, so it may be quite dandy for the Zombie guys out there :D
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by 5Tom » 23 Jun 2014, 12:42 pm

One of the design flaws with this rifle is when you break open the action and pull the hammer all the way down, then bring it back up, the firing pin is exposed and is not flush inside the receiver. The consequence of this is that if your not aware of the exposed firing pin, you can chamber a round and upon closing the action, the rifle will discharge without touching the trigger!

http://youtu.be/8MJfIZWzHp4
5Tom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 23 Jun 2014, 2:30 pm

5Tom wrote:One of the design flaws with this rifle is when you break open the action and pull the hammer all the way down, then bring it back up, the firing pin is exposed and is not flush inside the receiver. The consequence of this is that if your not aware of the exposed firing pin, you can chamber a round and upon closing the action, the rifle will discharge without touching the trigger!

http://youtu.be/8MJfIZWzHp4

That could be real handy ... for a self inflicted wound lol... In all serrious thinking about it i never bring up barrels facing me or others, it's part of the way I was taught.. But that is NICE TO KNOW
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Aster » 25 Jun 2014, 9:36 pm

Combat_Wombat wrote:Any idea on price? I can't seem to find anything. And no worries Meccaoz you bring a 500 brick of 22 mag and you can use it all you want haha

I looked on the Chiappa website and it says the only Distributor is Mialls here in Melbourne.

No price on their website though.

Give them a call - 03 9783 1576.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by wrenchman » 05 Jul 2014, 10:17 am

I think the x caliber they make is kind of neat. My son is thinking of getting one for trapping season, he runs a small line.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by MeccaOz » 05 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

They do look like a true survival rifle Wrenchman, Adapters and all :)
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Aster » 09 Jul 2014, 10:00 am

Have any luck with Mialls, Combat_Wombat?
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Return to Centerfire rifles