Musgrave rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Musgrave rifles

Post by mausermate » 01 Jul 2014, 1:44 pm

Anyone put their hand on, shot one or own one of the new Musgrave rifles from South Africa? Look tempting!
Now that's been said, who's coming for a shot?
mausermate
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Musgrave

Post by MeccaOz » 01 Jul 2014, 4:26 pm

I havent had the chance to fondle in the flesh so to speak, but Ive heard good things, from a mate who lives in SA now. http://www.musgraverifles.co.za/

EDIT: here is a movie on them http://vimeo.com/82173831

EDIT 2 : Mauser actions, timney triggers ... The list goes on ... I think I need one :!: :!:
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by mausermate » 01 Jul 2014, 6:55 pm

Thanks Mecca, yes, look like a good bit of gear. Plenty of old Musgraves around on the range in the old days but these are the the update with a new owner of the company. Let me know if your mate from SA knows anything please.
mausermate
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MeccaOz » 01 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm

I'll fire him off an email. The reason I know he has one is because he bought one in 243. I wouldnt mind knowing a bit more either to be honest :D
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by mausermate » 02 Jul 2014, 10:08 am

The word is that Tasko imported a few but are discontinuing. So many brands of gun these days I guess its pretty hard to get a foot hold in the market. There are a few scattered across dealers in AUS but that may not last for long. It may mean the rifle might be pretty hard to get hold of in the near future unless I take a little trip. Now there's a thought!!!
mausermate
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sooey » 04 Jul 2014, 11:57 am

mausermate wrote:Let me know if your mate from SA knows anything please.

There are a couple of South African shooters here who seem to know what they're talking about.

You could send Hennie Dreyer a PM on the forum, that's one name that comes to mind.

Hennie might have gotten to them earlier before they make there way here and could tell you some stuff.
Remington 700 CDL chambered in .270 Winchester
Remington 700 CDL chambered in 300 Win Mag
4-16x 40mm Bushnell Elite scopes
sooey
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by mausermate » 04 Jul 2014, 4:31 pm

sooey wrote:
mausermate wrote:Let me know if your mate from SA knows anything please.

There are a couple of South African shooters here who seem to know what they're talking about.

You could send Hennie Dreyer a PM on the forum, that's one name that comes to mind.

Hennie might have gotten to them earlier before they make there way here and could tell you some stuff.

Thanks Sooey!

can I also take back what I said about Tasko. The rumor I heard about them discontinuing the importation of Musgrave rifles is false. I spoke to them yesterday and they assured me that this was not the case. Pretty nice bloke there actually. anyway..Thought I had my info from a pretty reliable source.....just goes to show.....you gotta get it from the horses mouth.
mausermate
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MeccaOz » 04 Jul 2014, 4:41 pm

Yeah I still havent heard back from my mate, i'll launch him another email too :)
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bunnybuster » 05 Jul 2014, 12:46 pm

I understand Claremont Firearms [bibra lake] have a batch coming,no other details yet,give 'em a call

Be Safe BB.
bunnybuster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by sooey » 06 Jul 2014, 8:07 am

NP.

Sorry I didn't know anything about the actual rifle :lol:
Remington 700 CDL chambered in .270 Winchester
Remington 700 CDL chambered in 300 Win Mag
4-16x 40mm Bushnell Elite scopes