Just Picked Up My Latest Toy

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Just Picked Up My Latest Toy

Post by Baldrick314 » 06 Aug 2014, 9:09 pm

I took it out today. Got it sighted in on paper and then rang some plates. Very accurate pistol.

I ended up trying a few of the handloads that came with the revolver. Most were pleasant plinking loads but I came across one box that would have stopped a rushing elephant. Now I've gotta sit down with the kinetic hammer and pull 99 of those :lol:

All in all I'm very happy with my purchase :D
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 07 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm

Baldrick314 wrote:I ended up trying a few of the handloads that came with the revolver. Most were pleasant plinking loads but I came across one box that would have stopped a rushing elephant. Now I've gotta sit down with the kinetic hammer and pull 99 of those :lol:

*groan*

Enjoy that. I had to do the same when I replaced my .308 with a 7mm-08.

Pulled 150 rounds or something and necked down 300 in one sitting. Super exciting time...
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 07 Aug 2014, 3:31 pm

jays wrote:There almost always seems to be a gifted hand load that accidentally had a double powder charge or something in the story somewhere...

Or someone throws in the hand loads they were "working up but haven't tested" with the rifle.

Shoot mystery ammo at your own peril.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles