Tikka Tac picatinny rail?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Tikka Tac picatinny rail?

Post by amex » 02 Aug 2014, 8:33 am

So I am just wondering about the rail on the tikka t3 tac and what material it's made from as I want to match my rings with it. I have looked and looked and can't find a thing about it. hope you guys can help.

thanks
amex
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Re: Tikka Tac picatinny rail?

Post by Shotfox » 02 Aug 2014, 9:02 am

There is two types of rail for the T3 . Alloy and carbon steel. If it is the genuine Sako rail it is carbon steel. Leupold make rings to suit.. There is also many non genuine rails available and there is one carbon steel rail with a recoil lug which sits in that small pocket under the rail.
Shotfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Shotfox » 02 Aug 2014, 9:11 am

If you are fitting the rail to the T3 there are 4 small plastic transit screws which you have to take out first. However be very careful that you remove these completly before screwing down the new rail because if there is any plastic in the thread not taken out you will break the heads of the tiny grub screws when you torque the rail down.
Shotfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by amex » 02 Aug 2014, 9:15 am

Shotfox wrote:There is two types of rail for the T3 . Alloy and carbon steel. If it is the genuine Sako rail it is carbon steel. Leupold make rings to suit.. There is also many non genuine rails available and there is one carbon steel rail with a recoil lug which sits in that small pocket under the rail.

I have the Tac and it comes with a rail just wasn't sure what it's made from. I assume steel as the receiver is steel.
amex
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Post by Shotfox » 02 Aug 2014, 9:36 am

I see. It would be carbon steel
Shotfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles