Tikka hardly a cheap Sako

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Tikka hardly a cheap Sako

Post by Warrigul » 17 Mar 2014, 7:59 pm

sarki wrote:Having had a good Browning for years, I've not really had a serious look at other rifles beyond just eyeballing them on the shelf at my local gun store.

After much insistence from a mate that I check out the Tikkas as they are "cheap sakos" I gave them a look.

Can't say I know what all the fuss is about. Admittedly I was handling them in the store, not shooting them in the field, so I've only seen one side of them, but a "cheap sako"? Hardly.

Look and feel are immediately lacking in the Tikka compare to an "equivalent" Sako.

Bit disappointed after all the hype over Tikka. Can't really see what all the fuss is about...

I bought one because I wanted stainless/synthetic, as light as possible and didn't want to have to upgrade anything to get a decent accurate rifle. It gets lent out and used in all weather, the purpose it was bought for would severely damage a wooden stocked/blued SAKO.

I couldn't have cared less that they were a cheap sako or whatever but is a SAKO worth a couple of grand more? Not for what I need it for.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by SendIt » 18 Mar 2014, 7:38 am

Buying something nice like a Sako seems like the worst option for some guys.

They buy the thing then spend more time worrying and protecting it against any little scratch or ding than they do shooting it.

I've got a Sako hunter and it gets cared for. But first and foremost it gets used!
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Warrigul » 18 Mar 2014, 9:29 am

SendIt wrote:Buying something nice like a Sako seems like the worst option for some guys.

They buy the thing then spend more time worrying and protecting it against any little scratch or ding than they do shooting it.

I've got a Sako hunter and it gets cared for. But first and foremost it gets used!

Yep ultimately a firearm is a tool and many forget that.

I have art on the walls worth thousands to look at, my rifles(apart from the collectible ones) are, mainly, tools.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles