Could this be my first baby? NOPE :(

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Could this be my first baby?

Post by jennageit » 11 Oct 2014, 4:22 pm

Hi guys,

I went to the range today and shot three cards. Two were with the Anschutz I've been using for weeks, and managed 197.5 and 197.10 out of 200. Very, Very, Very happy lol

The third card I shot with the rifle I've been thinking of buying and I'm not buying it now. It feels horrible to shoot, is not anywhere near as accurate as I was told, and when I spoke to a previous owner about it, he stripped it down and had a good look at everything. As far as he's concerned, it isn't worth $400. He said that the barrel is pretty much worn out. He also isn't impressed with the bolt, saying it has a scraping noise that shouldn't be there. Overall, he told me to save my money and buy the Zastava I've been looking at. He firmly believes that this old rifle will cost me more in the long run than buying a new one would now.

So, now all I've got to do is figure out how to put a rifle on layby without actually going to the GS. I had the opportunity to shoot a Zastava CZ99 .22lr today and I really liked it. It's a bit heavier than I expected, but when my wrists heal properly, I doubt I'll have any trouble with it.

All in all, a good day. I got to save my money by not buying a rifle that wasn't suited to me, and I got ever closer to that 200/200. Oh, and I learned another three things that I'm doing wrong when shooting!! Does it ever end? lmao

Jenna
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Could this be my first baby? NOPE :(

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Oct 2014, 5:23 pm

That's a shame Jenna, at least you sussed it out before buying which is always preferable if you can. I don't know what Zastava's are like so can't offer any advice there but can certainly vouch for the Savage Mk2's the Daughters is a great little shooter.

Hopefully someone here can offer some info on the Zastava's and maybe some groups so we can see how they shoot.

Anyway good luck with it all.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Centerfire rifles