Ok why do you personally have more than one firearm

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Ok why do you personally have more than one firearm

Post by Baronvonrort » 23 Apr 2015, 3:08 pm

A gun is a tool so I require a few tools.

I have more than 1 hammer as well,sledge,5lb,claw,skutch and rubber-wooden hammers, each is suited for it's job.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 23 Apr 2015, 6:54 pm

1290 wrote:Anyone that understands anything about ballistics, basics your mind should be capable of assemling with logic (small bullets-small things, lots of small bullets flying things, big bullets-big things, biger bullets bigger things, fast, slow) and firearms (rifles / shotguns) generally will have no issue grasping the concept of why an individual interested in a diverse array of shooting activities, will by necessity require different firearms, sometimes multiples in the same configuation and/or chambering....Want to shoot fast moving flying or running things, whether animals or not, you probably need at least one shotgun. Want to shoot further out or less mobile targets, you'll start with a 22 rimfire then further than a reasonable distance or size, a centrefire is necessary. Want to hunt medium stuff, bigger stuff... there's a reason why there exist a multitude of different firearm types and chamberings commonly within the range of 0.17 up to 0.51calibre. also smaller/bigger.....

Most reasonably intelligent people, whether or not golfers, would understand the golfing analogy maybe they've seen the news reports of the drive, with a longer heavier club... seen the chip from the bunker with the wedgey shaped thing... the putting, the stuff in the middle with the other clubs and of course the guy or girl lugging the bag with a dozen or so different club.....yet golfer arent asked why?........ so those people cant use a reasonable amount of intelligence to figure out the parallel / association, and why maybe more than 1 gun is required?

So what I'm saying is that anyone who asks "why you need" or states that "you don't need more than one" or even 2 firearms, is displaying a great level of ignorance in the basics of shooting and firearms....and golf...that doesnt deserve a response other than a suggestion to possibly learn a few thing about shooting then come back and ask if you have any further questions (by that stage they may even wish to have a go!!).

Any suggestion by the Greens that individuals should be limited to 3 or 2 or 1 firearm, is simply a step in their Fabian (google it, go on) conquest of the firearm question, that means slowly but surely they seek to achieve their objective of total disarmament. The INTERMEDIATE step is gun-control, controlling the number, ultimately, disarming. Hence the United Nation has an office of disarmament, not an office of gun-control

http://www.un.org/disarmament/

The Office promotes:
........Disarmament efforts in the area of conventional weapons, especially landmines and small arms......

Make no mistake what the objectives are, 3 months ago the global arms trade treaty was finally ratified after years of global negotiation. The treaty requires national legislation to be implemented!!, and now we hear rumours of committees calling for national changes..oh but its only global transfers, right....I say buckle up.

I think that once shooters feel the need to justify multiple firearm (except where necessitated by law, on a PTA) it demonstrate a certain level surrender to the gungrabbers...dont give in by floundering for an answer.

We all need to pay attention to these treaties entered into, what they are using as a trojan horse to bring in tougher firearm law - terrorism-. We need to keep on top of what our respective state police ministers are discussing at their love fest, previously known as the APMC (Australasian police ministers council) infamously known for the 1996 National Firearms Agreement, now the 'Ministerial Council for Police and Emergency Management'.... I beleive the MCPEM has recommended changes at the recent COAG (premiers and Prime Minister love-in) hence the SFP 'disclosure'......

I'd like to know more about the Transpacific Partnership, but, nothing available - and people say there's nothing to worry about :roll:
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 23 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm

The TPP is being negotiated behind closed doors between select parliamentary reps, with no doubt major global corporate input - a major part of it is the multinationals ability to SUE our government if a decision or change in law harms there business..... and we're on board with this!!!

Other members of parliament have complained about being kept in the dark.... to no avail. It will however be revealed once the treaty is in its final negotiated form and ready for parliamentary debate....

Go to wiki leaks, if you can bear reading the treasonous disgusting contents of just the ISPs and copyright....... then you'll understand why our representatives were so eager to run the metadata laws thru!!! If they agree to that stuff, they have really let us down, and fed us to the lions..
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 23 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm

a/ because i want to
b/ because i'm a law abiding person
c/ because i'm not hurting anyone
d/ because i'm not devastating native wildlife
e/ because one wont sort out all my shooting needs
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by cooker » 24 Apr 2015, 8:40 am

Because NZ laws let me have better toys :P :lol:

Sorry :P
cooker
Private
Private

New Zealand

Post by 1290 » 24 Apr 2015, 11:06 am

cooker wrote:

Because NZ laws let me have better toys :P :lol:

Sorry :P

We hate you :evil:
:sarcasm:
.....though our constitution still says you're a brother :D
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 26 Apr 2015, 9:13 pm

Don't apologize, make the most of it mate :thumbsup:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Walt68 » 28 Apr 2015, 9:40 pm

.22 WMR for making sure I get ethical kills on small game.
.338 WM for making sure I get ethical kills on big game in Australia.
12 Gauge for making sure I get ethical kills on waterfowl and pigs in close country.
All my firearms are for putting food on the table in the most ethical efficient manner.
May get an air rifle to practice my marksmanship principles.
Walt68
Private
Private

Northern Territory

Post by Tonit » 29 Apr 2015, 9:19 am

bentaz wrote:I don't fish or golf and as such think they should be banned, if not, those criminals that do should be restricted to only one "golf bat" and they can use it for fishing as well! :lol:

Hooks are sharp, people have been killed with golf balls.

That's all the reason we need to ban things as demonstrated elsewhere :problem:
.22-250 Howa Thumbhole Varminter + Weaver Classic 4-20x50
.308 Howa Hunter + Weaver Classic 2-10x50
Tonit
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles