Roessler Waffen Titan 6 feedback?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Roessler Waffen Titan 6 feedback?

Post by Will » 06 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

Hi guys,

Looking for some feedback on a new rifle.

I picked up a page today for the Roessler Waffen Titan 6.

The key points that caught my attention were the short 60 degree bolt lift, and switchable barrels from .222 Rem up to .375 Ruger and calibres in between.

I know others do switchable barrles like the Sako Quad, but switching from .17 to .22 calibres and the kind of small range they have doesn't seem worth the trouble to me.

Having 1 rifle that I can do something like .222, .243 and .308 in would be great, and the short bolt lift is a little bonus.

Don't really know anything about Roessler Waffen though, hadn't heard of them before...

Anyone in the know got some feedback?
Roessler Waffen Titan 6
Viper Vortex HS 4-16x44
Will
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Roessler Waffen Titan 6 feedback?

Post by redrum » 07 Oct 2013, 6:38 pm

I believe...? that they're pretty new, especially in Aus.

Not sure how much luck you're going to have finding someone with first hand experience here yet?
Good news, everyone!
- Hubert J. Farnsworth
redrum
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by redrum » 07 Oct 2013, 6:38 pm

YouTube for some Yanks reviews might be your best bet.
Good news, everyone!
- Hubert J. Farnsworth
redrum
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by kram » 11 Oct 2013, 11:35 am

Hermans sporting Guns have some videos up . Ya can't go wrong with these things.They are not a new manufacturer. They are probably Europes smallest manufacturer consisting of two ageing gentlemen who lovingly hand make these beautiful rifles. The barrels are specially made for them in the states by some boutique mob whose name escapes me at the moment. Barrels swap out easily with an allen key I think and still guaranteed to shoot MOA or better straight up. All the Titans I've seen shoot brilliantly and are finished top notch, Hard pressed to buy better for the $. I personally have a hankering for the Titan 16 straight pull jobbie....
kram
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 11 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

kram wrote:I personally have a hankering for the Titan 16 straight pull jobbie....

Yeeeees.

I was just reading about that in the SSAA mag from a month or two ago.

Would love to give one a whirl.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Will » 11 Oct 2013, 12:13 pm

kram wrote:Hermans sporting Guns have some videos up . Ya can't go wrong with these things.They are not a new manufacturer. They are probably Europes smallest manufacturer consisting of two ageing gentlemen who lovingly hand make these beautiful rifles. The barrels are specially made for them in the states by some boutique mob whose name escapes me at the moment. Barrels swap out easily with an allen key I think and still guaranteed to shoot MOA or better straight up. All the Titans I've seen shoot brilliantly and are finished top notch, Hard pressed to buy better for the $. I personally have a hankering for the Titan 16 straight pull jobbie....

Thanks for the positive write up Kram.

Definitely going to have a proper look into getting one.
Roessler Waffen Titan 6
Viper Vortex HS 4-16x44
Will
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by kram » 11 Oct 2013, 6:00 pm

You won't regret owning one if you do.
kram
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by fxol » 05 Aug 2014, 11:46 am

Just saw this - I'm looking at one as well. Does anyone have any recent feedback?

Frank
fxol
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Will » 06 Aug 2014, 2:50 pm

Hey fxol,

I did end up getting one and love it :D

Anything specific you wanna know?
Roessler Waffen Titan 6
Viper Vortex HS 4-16x44
Will
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by heeple » 06 Aug 2014, 2:51 pm

Will wrote:The key points that caught my attention were the short 60 degree bolt lift, and switchable barrels from .222 Rem up to .375 Ruger and calibres in between.

I know others do switchable barrles like the Sako Quad, but switching from .17 to .22 calibres and the kind of small range they have doesn't seem worth the trouble to me.

Ditto.

Who needs 4 rimfire calibres anyway :?
Remingtion 700 XCR in 7mm-08
Winchester 94 in 30-30
Ruger 77/22 in 22LR
heeple
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by fxol » 06 Aug 2014, 4:15 pm

Will wrote:Anything specific you wanna know?

Thanks Will, I just want to know that they live up to the hype, i.e., they shoot well and mechanically are strong enough etc. I was about to buy a Sauer until I came across these and everything I read seems good ( except one NZ forum ) but it's always nice to hear first hand experiences.

I have been told the barrels are much harder than normal and the skinny barrel shoots as well as a varmint?

I'm after a 22-250 and the Heym barrels are meant to be good for many more years than a standard barrel. The ability to swap barrels is also a strong point.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of yours.

Frank.
fxol
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Will » 08 Aug 2014, 9:53 am

Hey Frank,

I know the Sauer - the 101 right? - I like them too, but the Titan was the one for me.

Mine shoots great, feels great. Go and have a feel for yourself obviously, but to describe it as best I can... It's like a walnut Tikka feels nice in your hands. A walnut Sako feels real nice. It just has that little something extra over the Sauer for me. Make sense?

You'll see when you look at one.

I have the 6, but the Titan 3 comes in .22-250Rem for you. Can't see any reason you wouldn't like it :)
Roessler Waffen Titan 6
Viper Vortex HS 4-16x44
Will
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Hermanns Guns » 18 Sep 2014, 1:44 pm

Roessler also known as ROWA have been around for years selling under the brand name RWS. They were sold in Australia and all over the world under the brand name RWS as they made the Titan 6 for them. Now they have gotten large enough to sell under their own company name ROWA (Roessler Waffen Austria). Many manufactures start of this way like FX Airguns for example, who actually also made air rifles for RWS called the RWS Excalibre. Now look at FX they are the most popular PCP air rifle on the market.
Hermanns Guns
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by hughston » 26 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm

Gday guys, I've recently bought the Titan 6 Exclusive in 270w and 223. The rifle has very comfortable feel with a nice walnut stock and Bavarian cheek piece, rose wood style end. I ordered two caliber's so it came with two barrels, two bolts and two mags. I fitted a Zeiss conquest scope on it using the bases that came with the rifle & leupold prw rings. The bolt is solid and cycles smooth as, the barrels are also good quality and are easily interchangeable, The receiver is seems to be solid although made form an alloy, mine is a shiny black but could be prone to marking if used as a knock around rifle, I would recommend the silver receiver and SS barrel. Like newer rifles these days it has s plastic trigger & mag well. The mags hold 3 rounds and clip in flush with the stock, I recommend getting the extended mag. The mags are good and feed rounds Noworries. At the range sighting in at 50m then 100m only took 6 shots with factory rounds with 1moa easily, (270w) (24" barrel) I managed 1/2" groups with my hand loads with ease and expect better next time as I ran out of time. using Hornady sst bt 130g. To sum up the rifle it is a very nice shooter & and am very happy with it, beautiful stock and the trigger is great. the receiver seems to be bedded well. Con's, it's a bit fragile and probably not a hand me down rifle, the mag can be a bitch to pop out but I'm sure I'll free up in time, I payed round about 4K in total which wasn't bad as I was looking for a left hand switch barrel European style rifle, I considered a sauer 202 but couldn't find one in left hand. Thanks
hughston
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Post by Bourt » 05 Feb 2016, 10:20 am

hughston wrote:I managed 1/2" groups with my hand loads with ease and expect better next time as I ran out of time. using Hornady sst bt 130g.

Very promising if that's the first run of load development.

With a bit of tuning you should do even better.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by leonschoots » 10 Oct 2018, 8:16 pm

Hi guys just wondering if there is any update a few years on from those of you who did end up buying a Titan 6? I'm not really fussed about the interchangeable barrels but as I am left handed and would love a classic timber stock with open sights my options are relatively limited.

Any updates or potential recommendations would be great.

Cheers
Leon
leonschoots
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by solarpak » 14 Oct 2018, 8:12 pm

Switch barrels are certainly lovely long arms with price tags to match.........but its no fun owning one rifle ......even if its got several barrels!!!
Have hankered for a Sauer 404 ......maybe when i turn 50!!

CK
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by special-K » 19 Aug 2019, 10:06 pm

Who said knock-a-round gun might get scratched ???... wash your mouth out with soap, no, make that Solvol !!. The Titan 6 is a Rolls Royce not a paddock basher. Leonschoots, if you are still looking for a left hander look on the Roessler website and use their interactive gun builder to build your semi custom play toy, you should be pleasantly surprised. Also GRS stocks (and other good brands as well) are available. Ordering it as a semi custom rifle may take a few months to deliver but it's worth the wait. I ordered mine through Safari Firearms at Bexley NSW who were most accommodating in treating it as a "layby" which allowed me to pay it off while waiting for delivery. I'm sure most other gun shops would do the same or something similar. Accuracy, mine is in 8x57 and it will shoot about a 12 inch (that is 300mm) group at 100 metres with 154gn ex-mil FMJ, that's crap do you say ? well yes it is. 200 gn ex-mil FMJ shoots +/-1" at 100 metres without much effort, and, hand loads with Woodleigh 200gn PPSN are as sweet as. If you do go ahead with a semi custom Titan, order everything in one go such as spare mags, barrels etc. Hope this helps.

cheers, special-K
special-K
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles