Will a Brno 2e stock fit a model 2

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Will a Brno 2e stock fit a model 2

Post by 1sikxt » 03 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm

Hi guys just wondering if a Brno model 2e stock will fit onto a Brno model 2
Howa 204 varmint
Anschütz 1530 222
Savage 12 223
Weatherby 22-250
Savage custom 10 243
Savage 10 308
Savage 12 308
Savage 110 338 lap fcp
Lithgow 22
Brno 1 22
Webley and scott 12g
1sikxt
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Will a Brno 2e stock fit a model 2

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 10 Nov 2014, 5:38 am

Most certainly will.....easy swap...

Collector 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by 1sikxt » 10 Nov 2014, 6:10 am

Thanks mate
Howa 204 varmint
Anschütz 1530 222
Savage 12 223
Weatherby 22-250
Savage custom 10 243
Savage 10 308
Savage 12 308
Savage 110 338 lap fcp
Lithgow 22
Brno 1 22
Webley and scott 12g
1sikxt
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by sha » 10 Nov 2014, 9:07 am

"More Bruno's than you can pock a stick at."

The signature give some confidence Collector knows what he's talking about here :lol:
Savage Axis The Definition of Accuracy

Savage 93 .22 WMR
Savage 93R17 .17 HMR
Savage 110FP .308 WIN
sha
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 10 Nov 2014, 8:58 pm

Just to assure you..the only difference between the mod 2 and 2e ....the 2 e stock is commonly known as the "hogs back"....high rounded comb...the mod 2 is a straight cut continental shape similar to the smaller centre fire 600 and 601 series.

collector 1
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Korkt » 11 Nov 2014, 2:54 pm

Yep, the inletting is the same.

Different buttplate like Collector explained above.
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Nov 2014, 7:06 am

I've got a nice model 2E - it's a lovely little hunting rifle.

Hogs Back Comb

Schnabel Forend
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by inventurkey » 12 Nov 2014, 8:28 am

I dunno... I reckon that rabbit might just be playing possum? :lol:
Savage Axis Stainless in .308
Tikka Lite .22-250 Rem
inventurkey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Nov 2014, 8:58 am

inventurkey wrote:I dunno... I reckon that rabbit might just be playing possum? :lol:

:lol: :lol: that bottom one I nailed straight between the eyes at around 70m or so, stuck the barrel out the window of the BT, used the mirror for a bit of support and just rested the X-hairs on top of its head or just over from memory, seemed to do the job, the top one was around 50m (off hand shot on that one and nailed it in the neck area from memory).

That one is a 80's vintage - the stock was originally covered in some god awful brown stain type stuff so I got the sand paper out and sorted that out, then just oiled it up with olive oil and any other type of oil I had lying around :lol: then I gave it a go over with a wax with a tint in it and job's done, occasionally I spray some of the Lanox or whatever else I have lying around on the stock and give it a wipe over, she's been a reliable little outfit that one, never adjusted the Tasco in 30yrs until a year or so ago when I changed ammo brands due to them not making the orange boxed Win Power Points (Ran out of em finally) :lol: now I use the Win PP subs or Win PP 40gn which seem to shoot fairly well in it (not quite as tight a groups as the old stuff) but not a major drama for hunting purposes.

The Slings made from a bit of ol Roo Skin I knocked over as a kid, it was just salted from memory, when it was dry I cut the piece I needed out and ran it over a bit of wire fence then I poked a few holes in it to run the leather through and attached it to the sling swivels - job done and its been on the rifle since day dot pretty much, no hair loss or anything, I haven't even given it any leather treatment or anything in all those years :lol: I should though I suppose but it doesn't seem to need it.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by buckle » 12 Nov 2014, 2:57 pm

sha wrote:"More Bruno's than you can pock a stick at."

The signature give some confidence Collector knows what he's talking about here :lol:

But they say 'beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it'

You could argue collector has sooo many Brunos he must know nothing?

Is that right? :lol:
buckle
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 15 Nov 2014, 11:47 am

I assure you I know a bit about everything.....lol,,,,but a heap about Bruno's...hahahah,,,,

With more than 50 years of buying, selling, swapping, and collecting the dam things since I was a kid, they are like lollies to me,,,, very very addictive lollies,,hahahaha and if you must know

Model 1. 22 right through to 458win mag, and in some calibres you have only ever heard of. Last head count was about 55/56 and still growing.

Just love engineering excellence. (and good timber)

Collector 1
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 15 Nov 2014, 11:04 pm

By the way that's a very sweat looking 2 E, with the Jap Tasco on it,,,, you ever tried running the CCI stingers through it,,,, works for me.....lol

Collector 1
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 15 Nov 2014, 11:09 pm

And your mounts if Im not mistaken are alloy "Zero" brand, with the steel claws......very affective with their windage adjustment, weigh bugger all, as strong as.. which cant be said of later types.

Collector 1
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Nov 2014, 4:53 am

COLLECTOR 1 wrote:And your mounts if Im not mistaken are alloy "Zero" brand, with the steel claws......very affective with their windage adjustment, weigh bugger all, as strong as.. which cant be said of later types.

Collector 1

Cheers Collector, I haven't tried the Stingers for years in it, pretty sure last time they didn't shoot real well with it, it loves those Win Power Points in the Orange box but sadly they are no longer available, but the 40gn Black Box version still seem to shoot well in it also and shoots the Sub Sonic Version real well too.

I honestly can't remember the brand name of the Scope Mounts, they've been there from day 1 some 30+yrs now and I haven't had to touch em so I guess they must be good enough to do the job like you say. The Jap Tasco is the same age as the rest of the outfit and has done a mighty little job, she's sharp and bright/clear and I only adjusted it after 30yrs recently to suit the new ammo I'm running in it :lol: seems to be holding zero nicely.

The rifle had an awful brown stain on it when new and one day I decided to give it a sand and low and behold that beautiful timber pattern was underneath, I gave it a few coats of Olive oil of all things and any other oil I could find around the house at the time and then finished it off with a tinted wax, seems to have done the job as I've never had an issue with it at all.

Anyway she's a great ol girl to hunt with, nice and light, shoots straight and loads flawlessly every time.

cheers
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Taipo » 05 Dec 2014, 12:43 am

Collector, I am in the hunt for a sweet. 22, and feel the brno is the way I want to go. If I'm going to get just one, and want one for quality, prosperity, functionality, which model am I looking for?
Taipo
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 07 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

A model 2.....in either the straight continental style stock or the hogsback as per the above picture....they are the best, most common, and will last a life time and then some. They all shoot super great, eat just about anything, heaps of spares, 5, 10, and yes 15 shoot mags are available. They do come with some amazing timber.

There are other models, such as the model 1...very early, and most are knocked about, good ones are worth a fortune, The model 2, most common by far. Model 3 which is a real heavy target barrel variant, model 4, and 5....
1, 2, 3, and 5 are all the same action, with slight differences in barrel, sights , dove tailing etc etc....

Expect to pay anything from 500 odd to 800 odd, depending on year of manufacture, scope, general condition....don't be afraid to by one made in the 60's or 70's, they were arguably the best vintages. All Bruno's are date stamped with the year of manufacture on the action and barrel, normally on the left side.

The replacement CZ's are fine firearms, but just not quiet the same....

Hope this all helps, feel free to ask away...

Collector 1
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sarki » 08 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm

COLLECTOR 1 wrote:The replacement CZ's are fine firearms, but just not quiet the same....

More recent year models you mean?
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 09 Dec 2014, 10:33 pm

Yeah.....the workmanship is good, they look good, shoot well, etc etc....but they just don't feel right up against the genuine thing, Bruno's are just,,,,,,unique.

338 Lapua Magnum ....nice bit of kit they are,,,built one recently on a Bruno 602 magnum action, shoots like stink as they say

Collector 1
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Korkt » 10 Dec 2014, 2:53 pm

And the price is good ;)
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles