A whole bunch of homemade guns

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

A whole bunch of homemade guns

Post by MeccaOz » 05 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

Just thought it would be an interesting piece, plus I think the Aussies have the best ones, :lol:

http://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/page/5/
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: A whole bunch of homemade guns

Post by newsteadvic » 05 Nov 2014, 10:17 pm

MeccaOz wrote:Just thought it would be an interesting piece, plus I think the Aussies have the best ones, :lol:
/

Certainly the police have enough confidence that they are well built that the will test fire them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... xEHXlYckTY

I feel that all this illegal manufacture demonstrates that legal firearm owners are not the source of illegal firearms - criminals have such a hard time sourcing firearms that it is easier for them to manufacturer firearms from scratch than steal from law abiding owners who are doing the right thing.
newsteadvic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by newsteadvic » 05 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm

MeccaOz wrote:Just thought it would be an interesting piece, plus I think the Aussies have the best ones, :lol:
/

Certainly the police have enough confidence that they are well built such that they will test fire them:

I feel that all this illegal manufacture demonstrates that legal firearm owners are not the source of illegal firearms - criminals have such a hard time sourcing firearms from legal sources that it is easier for them to manufacturer firearms from scratch than steal from law abiding owners who are doing the right thing.

This was borne out in the recent senate enquiry when it became clear that law abiding owner are not the source of most illegal guns in Australia - they are built here or imported illegally by the criminal classes.
newsteadvic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Nov 2014, 10:22 pm

Thats why I laugh when I hear hype about plastic printed guns.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Westy » 06 Nov 2014, 7:31 am

Hey Macca I noticed a lot of phones and drugs in a lot of these photo's, tell me is that so you do some drugs first then ring the Ambulance before firing any of these weapons??? Just asking??? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you'd have to be on drugs to use most of these weapon!!!!! :P ;) :)
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by brouta » 06 Nov 2014, 6:09 pm

A whole bunch of I used to have all my fingers
brouta
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by chickapow » 06 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

There is one about a dozen down that looks like it's made out of a chair leg :lol:
chickapow
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by MeccaOz » 06 Nov 2014, 6:11 pm

Westy wrote:Hey Macca I noticed a lot of phones and drugs in a lot of these photo's, tell me is that so you do some drugs first then ring the Ambulance before firing any of these weapons??? Just asking??? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you'd have to be on drugs to use most of these weapon!!!!! :P ;) :)

Laffin... Alot of them look alot like "Last ditch effort" kinda guns eh Westy :lol:
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 07 Nov 2014, 12:05 am

it comes with instructions that say " whatever you do, dont select hammer drill "
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 07 Nov 2014, 8:36 am

I love the pic of theguy in cuffs... HOLDING HIS GUN!.... I can imagine the arrest went something like..
"....no, not the gun, DONT take my gun!!
"OK chucho, youse can keep it..." :lol:

Desperate times........ there will always be illicit manufacture, here there everywhere. IF semi autos pistols are banned in Aus, the backyard manufacture would continue, as well as absolutely no change to the illegal importation.

Customs were proud of the interception of the 300 illegally imported Glocks - they were queried as to how many like shipments are imported (obviously undetected) and of course they dont know, AFP doesnt know ACC doesnt know. No-one knows!! Thats the point. This really puts into perspective the 6 handguns stolen in Victoria, and how legal firearm whether or not stolen ARE NOT THE PROBLEM....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by MeccaOz » 07 Nov 2014, 8:40 am

I think that the illegal import and manufacture side of things is actually getting some public time these days. Not like when the greens were screaming at legit gun owners blaming us. I hope it continues :D
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by kritch » 07 Nov 2014, 9:20 am

WHAT THE f*** IS THAT POWER DRILL THING?! :shock: :?
kritch
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Guliver » 07 Nov 2014, 12:26 pm

Great link, thanks for sharing.
Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by lapp » 07 Nov 2014, 12:52 pm

kritch wrote:WHAT THE f*** IS THAT POWER DRILL THING?! :shock: :?

It looks like a belt of 22's at the front?
lapp
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 07 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm

newsteadvic wrote:
/

Certainly the police have enough confidence that they are well built that the will test fire them:

I feel that all this illegal manufacture demonstrates that legal firearm owners are not the source of illegal firearms - criminals have such a hard time sourcing firearms that it is easier for them to manufacturer firearms from scratch than steal from law abiding owners who are doing the right thing.

There was a moron in Baulkam Hills that was manufacturing Mac 10's and selling them to law abiding citizens.......

$10,000 each I think they were, all done in his backyard. Don't know if he's been sentenced yet.

I think you'll find that "drive buys" are done with a combination of homemade's, illegal import and stolen firearms. I can't imagine a firearms owner loaning anything for criminal activities.

I'm not an official member of any political party, but, there's one that I shall definitely support at the next state election with the grief we are getting from the anti gun lobby organizations/individuals.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by cavok » 07 Nov 2014, 4:54 pm

Only goes to show what an enterprising semi skilled person can come up with when they don't have the money to buy what they want. Not like in South America they are short of pistols or rifles, the murder and violence capital of the world. Think we should sent the Greens there to hold and enquiry, who made them, why, what is there intended use. Christine and Sahara from the Greens would have a ball, look at all the things they could learn. If we are lucky they would chose to stay there as the ground is so fertile for gun control and air pollution.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by headspace » 07 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm

I thought the one with the wooden stock and some nice checkering showed some class. Most of those things would kill from both ends.
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by sha » 09 Nov 2014, 7:01 am

cavok wrote:Christine and Sahara from the Greens would have a ball, look at all the things they could learn.

Doesn't seem like learning is high on the G's priorities.

Uneducated rhetoric looks like the order of the day.
Savage Axis The Definition of Accuracy

Savage 93 .22 WMR
Savage 93R17 .17 HMR
Savage 110FP .308 WIN
sha
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Centerfire rifles