Pump action AR-15 for Australia

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Pump action AR-15 for Australia

Post by Cryptic » 14 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

Well its been 2 years since this thread was started and they still are not available so daresay it still is not allowed.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 15 Mar 2017, 7:00 am

so get one of these and have fun
Attachments
M7600_RV.png
M7600_RV.png (138.79 KiB) Viewed 11176 times
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 15 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

I'm sure they'll make you some pink ones if you have an importer or distributer order 50 of them.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sungazer » 15 Mar 2017, 11:50 am

I don't even know what you mean by that. It sure isn't constructive to the conversation so why bother.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by wrenchman » 15 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

the gun makers here like to make pink guns cater to the ladys it throws the antis off its not evil black gun and its made for a girl
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 15 Mar 2017, 1:35 pm

The most common concern in this thread is that the rifle is black. Funny? Haha? It went right over your head. But for all I know it might help. Hows about camouflage?

And girls do like pink guns. You'd think they'd shun them, because it's sexist or something. But unless they are idiots they don't give a crap about that, they just like the pink gun. My buddy's 12 year old daughter has a pink .380. I see pink guns at the range and know other guys who's wives/daughters chose various pink guns.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by duncan61 » 15 Mar 2017, 1:49 pm

I am with you Sungazer.All firearms can be obtained if you go through the correct process.My man down south legally purchased a ruger 10/22 after the semi buy back because he had the property manager declare he needed fast follow up shots as he was their fox control guy and they had 2000 plus sheep and the foxes were a real problem when they are birthing.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Mar 2017, 3:50 pm

sungazer wrote:I don't even know what you mean by that. It sure isn't constructive to the conversation so why bother.

Whats not constructive is how slow on the up-take you are :lol:

Point is, the general consensus is that BLACK GUNS are evil bad bad and may at any second start killing all and sundry....

While a pink gun is soft, feminine and couldnt possible pose a risk to even a cute* (*not really cute) liddle kitty...

ie, hand a 'layperson' a black gun and they will probably pull their hands away in disgust, while if you hand them the same gun but in pink.... they will no doubt think its 'nice' and friendly and a girls toy (scientific proof necessary)...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

precious.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by duncan61 » 15 Mar 2017, 10:22 pm

Good call sungazer.You dont have to follow the lines that the government are trying to disarm us.I have genuine need /wish for the firearms I am permitted to own and use.I am concerned why anyone would need a tacticool rifle.Want maybe but need never.Remember crew if you wish it to be easy for anyone to have any sort of gun they feel like you are living in the same community.My son did 2 years high school basketball and 1 year college ball in the states and to get in the school grounds it was like airport security complete with scanning and armed guards.You want that and to live in a state of fear 24/7.Have a good think about it. I hope most of us go to the range or where we are hunting/culling with our gear hidden and secure and dont advertize the fact we are hunting/shooting.Most people who know nothing about firearms are scared because of lack of knowledge.I have personally taken 3 different women culling/ shooting kangaroos and they have both told all their friends about it and how it was done properly and why and the humane destruction side.Before they attended they were under this illusion we charged around with machetes randomly hacking to death small furry cute animals.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 16 Mar 2017, 4:37 am

sungazer wrote:Well this is Australian forum

No, it's not. That's specifically why the name was changed.

Of course, it is Australian-centric from a practical standpoint.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Cryptic » 16 Mar 2017, 6:33 am

Title_II wrote:

Lol. I know theres variety here but the top header does say Australian shooting community so I assumed it was Australian only when I first came here too. I dont mind as gives more perspectives.

Screenshot_20170316-062904.jpg
Screenshot_20170316-062904.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 11116 times
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 16 Mar 2017, 7:14 am

Cryptic wrote:
Title_II wrote:

Lol. I know theres variety here but the top header does say Australian shooting community so I assumed it was Australian only when I first came here too. I dont mind as gives more perspectives.

Screenshot_20170316-062904.jpg

Haha, that's a good point :)

But I'm sure you remember when the name was changed we were told it was for that reason.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 16 Mar 2017, 8:43 am

.... USA domain name (no geographic reference in domain name) hosting in USA....(California??)....

Sure it's Aussie cause it says so :lol:

oh, and admin'd from Melbourne (better not give the suburb A.. ;) )
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 16 Mar 2017, 9:09 am

It is Cali. I asked once because it loads fast for me. But that doesn't really mean much ;)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Ed9362 » 16 Mar 2017, 3:01 pm

my understanding is that the PAR was restricted due to some of its parts being compatible with the AR platforms, trigger group was one in particular that po po didn't like
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Jakethefake » 17 Mar 2017, 11:27 pm

I wonder if it would be possible for someone to produce the Troy AR under licence in Australia. Small volumes just for the Australian market. Would get around the customs issue. Would be expensive, but surely cheaper than developing a rifle from scratch.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Sako308 » 18 Mar 2017, 2:34 pm

Jakethefake wrote:I wonder if it would be possible for someone to produce the Troy AR under licence in Australia. Small volumes just for the Australian market. Would get around the customs issue. Would be expensive, but surely cheaper than developing a rifle from scratch.

Pretty sure thats the intention of the Wedgetail Pump Action 308!
Sako308
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 18 Mar 2017, 2:56 pm

How many people would buy it?

I think that's a barrier to spending the money to tool up.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by LurchUSA » 15 Apr 2017, 2:19 am

MeccaOz wrote:Unfortunatley mate, the powers that be put a clause in our states firearms agreement that says something to the tune of "No you cant have ANYTHING that MAY resemble a military appearance".

Damn!! Well it looks like if I ever move back to Australia, from the US, I'll have to leave my range toy behind.

:(
LurchUSA
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Dogger » 23 Apr 2017, 10:53 am

Antie wrote:It's black!

I'm scared!
Dogger
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Dogger » 23 Apr 2017, 10:55 am

Buy a remington 7600, or if you can an old savage 30/30 pump.
Dogger
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Bushie » 05 May 2017, 8:35 pm

MeccaOz wrote: "No you cant have ANYTHING that MAY resemble a military I". A few startups here have tried straight pull AR's but couldnt get them legal. l:

Isn't the WFA1 Legal by Warrick Firearms??
12G > Anything else
Bushie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 06 May 2017, 1:41 pm

Bushie wrote:
MeccaOz wrote: "No you cant have ANYTHING that MAY resemble a military I". A few startups here have tried straight pull AR's but couldnt get them legal. l:

Not in WA, NSW or ACT.
http://www.warwickfirearms.com.au/products/recreation-and-hunting/wfa1-bolt-action-rifle/
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 06 May 2017, 2:09 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Bushie wrote:

Not in WA, NSW or ACT.
http://www.warwickfirearms.com.au/products/recreation-and-hunting/wfa1-bolt-action-rifle/

If memory serves me correct that's due to he folding stock thats used for bolt access
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Crazy » 25 Nov 2018, 12:55 pm

Wedgetail Industries have started producing a pump action look alike of a AR-10 called the MPR308. It is curretlly legal in every state expect WA, NSW and TAS, but may become legal in WA as they plan to make a version that Doesn't have a barrel shroud that covers the top of the barrel. There have also been hints that a lever release version may be out in the future but anything can change. Here's a photo and video from their Instagram.

Photo- https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo0pbJMHGNR ... _copy_link
Video- https://www.instagram.com/p/BqYKukJnjG8 ... _copy_link
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles