Pump action AR-15 for Australia

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Pump action AR-15 for Australia

Post by oowess » 12 Nov 2014, 7:52 am

Hello Aussie shooters,

Thought this might be of interest to you all. Pump action AR-15 by Troy industries, it's legal here in all states in the US, made me think you might be in with a chance to one.

New for 2014: The Sporting Rifle. Its innovative design features a TROY Alpha-style handguard with a full top-rail with integrated pump action, affording supreme accuracy in a practically recoilless system. Choose either a folding or fixed stock: the folding stock is adjustable for either right or left side fold, and telescopes in 5 length positions.

Available in 5.56 Nato, 300 AAC, .308 Win and 300 WSM.

troy2.jpg
troy2.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 19630 times

troy3.jpg
troy3.jpg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 19630 times

troy4.jpg
troy4.jpg (31.33 KiB) Viewed 19630 times

troy5.jpg
troy5.jpg (22.44 KiB) Viewed 19630 times
oowess
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Re: Pump action AR-15 for Australia

Post by MeccaOz » 12 Nov 2014, 8:42 am

Unfortunatley mate, the powers that be put a clause in our states firearms agreement that says something to the tune of "No you cant have ANYTHING that MAY resemble a military appearance". A few startups here have tried straight pull AR's but couldnt get them legal. I also believe there was at some stage a pump action AK they banned too. In my state they are taking bolt guns that have pistol grips off people at the moment ... Yeah I know ............

EDIT: Also in my state we wouldnt get that rifle because it takes military magazines, same reason we cant have Remington 7615's in WA either :roll: :roll: :roll:
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Releb » 12 Nov 2014, 8:45 am

No chance with that fold up stock.
Tikka Stainless from 30-06 Springfield lane.
Releb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Carter » 12 Nov 2014, 10:48 am

That do make it with a solid stock.

Still going with 'no' for all the other 'usual' reasons though I suspect.
Carter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 12 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

Carter wrote:That do make it with a solid stock.

Still going with 'no' for all the other 'usual' reasons though I suspect.

It's a sad state of affairs isnt it mate :evil:
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Antie » 12 Nov 2014, 3:16 pm

It's black!

I'm scared!
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 12 Nov 2014, 3:29 pm

Antie wrote:It's black!

I'm scared!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Combat_Wombat » 12 Nov 2014, 5:15 pm

I'm scared!

That's what she said! :mrgreen:
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 12 Nov 2014, 5:21 pm

but what an awesome pig gun 8-)
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Westy » 12 Nov 2014, 5:53 pm

tom604 wrote:but what an awesome pig gun 8-)

Not if your a Pig!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 12 Nov 2014, 6:00 pm

Combat_Wombat wrote:

I'm scared!

That's what she said! :mrgreen:

:lol:
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by 1290 » 13 Nov 2014, 8:34 am

hahahah... you funny seppo (or yank, for the yanks).
bless your chinese imported polyester undies... (check the label friend, there will be more of that for you since this week's trade 'achievements' c/- Obuma)

Here, in the land of meat pies, Kangaroos and even Aussie(that turned out surprisingly as a surprise to many, American) cars.....
We could not even import the screw that holds the front sight on....

So, no. & Even if its legal in the USA, where also automatic, that is, ASSAULT rifles are legal, miniguns, freakin everything including lots of stuff with a 3 position lever, that is, settings for bang, no-bang, bangbangbangbangbang....

....and you thought it may therefore be legal here??
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by hootshoot » 13 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm

I'm scared!

Stop racism against firearms I say!
Howa 1500 in .270 Win
Stevens 310 in 17 HMR
hootshoot
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 13 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm

They really know how to take the F out of FUN

And at the end of the day, our Number 1 Mk 3 Lee Enfield's in .303, in the right hands, can nearly keep up with a pump action rifle....heaven forbid 10 round mags to....

Collector 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brisb » 14 Nov 2014, 8:34 am

COLLECTOR 1 wrote:They really know how to take the F out of FUN

And put it into "uck you citizens" :lol:
brisb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Vicshootet2017 » 13 Mar 2017, 10:15 pm

Omg scary black color no chance of us getting some thing cool and if that was not enough it has a FOLD UP STOCK HOLY s**t scary as and that "military appearance" makes it 10 times as powerful
Vicshootet2017
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Sako308 » 14 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

The biggest issue is actually ABF, and the restrictions of import they have put into place in the regulations, not so much the state Weapon Licensing branches. The WFA1 straight pull is Cat B legal in most states, as would be the Troy PAR.

Folding stocks are now legal for import for states that they are legal, as again it was ABF that had import restrictions in place which over if the state legislation. From memory its only NSW/ACT/NT/WA that wont allow folders, and NSW/ACT/Tas/WA that enforce the appearance clause.
Sako308
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Mar 2017, 10:20 am

sungazer wrote:C'mon guys you are being a bit over the top. the Ruger precision and Tika tatical all look like military weapons and all are legal. The appearance of this gun is no more than any Remington 700 in a MDT chassis or one of the many others. The sky is not falling.

Doesnt matter what 'we' think.... its what the 'some kind of Automatic' bolt action rifle crew (AKA VicPol) think;

Classification of firearms and related items

Release date: Fri 30 December 2011

Last updated: Fri 20 May 2016
Legislation

Firearms and imitation firearms are regulated in Victoria under the Firearms Act 1996 and Control of Weapons Act 1990 respectively.

As the regulators of the law in this area, Victoria Police's Licensing & Regulation Division has published a 'What is a firearm?' chart. This chart will assist you to identify the key differences between these devices and the necessary regulatory requirements relevant to each (e.g. registration, licence, approval requirements etc.).

If your device is a firearm and requires that you have a licence under the Firearms Act 1996, you can proceed to the apply for firearms licence section. Alternatively, if your device is an imitation under the Control of Weapons Act 1990, you can proceed to the Chief Commissioner's Approval section.
Firearm reclassification

Amendments made in 2008 to the Firearms Act 1996 gave the Chief Commissioner of Police limited powers to reclassify firearms. As the Chief Commissioner's delegate, the Superintendent of LRD may reclassify firearms that are ordinarily a category A, B or C longarm into a category D or E longarm. This may happen when a firearm has been designed or adapted for military purposes or substantially duplicates a 'militaristic-type' firearm in design, function or appearance.

LRD's superintendent is assisted by the Classification Review Committee when reviewing the classification of a firearm. The Committee also advises the superintendent on the need to regulate other items not covered by the Firearms Act 1996 and is made up of:

A person with no expertise with regards to firearms;
An operational member of police;
Two people with extensive technical expertise (one of which is independent of LRD); and
A person with extensive knowledge of import permits.

The following firearms have been reclassified:

Verney-Carron Speedline Rifle - as published in The Gazette 12 May 2016 P.949 (temporary reclassification until 9 May 2017)

Alexander Arms R17 - as published in The Gazette 18 February 2016 P.237
German Sporting Guns 522 - as published in The Gazette 18 February 2016 P.237
German Sporting Guns StG44 - as published in The Gazette 18 February 2016 P.237
German Sporting Guns AK-47 - as published in The Gazette 18 February 2016 P.237
Walther H&K416 - as published The Gazette 18 February 2016 P.237

Molot Model VEPR 12 - as published in The Gazette 6 March 2014 P.414
Saiga Model 12 - as published in The Gazette 6 March 2014 P.414
Smith & Wesson Model M&P 15-22 - as published in The Gazette 6 March 2014 P.414

Heckler and Koch Model R8 Rifle - as published in The Gazette 26 March 2009 P.723
DPMS Panther Pump Action Rifle - as published in The Gazette 26 March 2009 P.723
Olympic Arms Match E2 MK2 Rifle - as published in The Gazette 26 March 2009 P.723

Pump action scary guns are classified cat D.....

who decides?

A person with no expertise with regards to firearms; {< yes it actually says that}
An operational member of police;{1 cop}
Two people with extensive technical expertise (one of which is independent of LRD); and {2 cops}
A person with extensive knowledge of import permits. {3 cops}

so 3 vicpol staff, 1 person who has no knowledge and is likely to be intimidated by a piece of black steel...and 1 person who is possibly not vicpol affiliated... though would be 'compliant' if he/she wants another gig....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Cryptic » 14 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

Well its been 2 years since this thread was started and they still are not available so daresay it still is not allowed.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 15 Mar 2017, 7:00 am

so get one of these and have fun
Attachments
M7600_RV.png
M7600_RV.png (138.79 KiB) Viewed 11183 times
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 15 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

I'm sure they'll make you some pink ones if you have an importer or distributer order 50 of them.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sungazer » 15 Mar 2017, 11:50 am

I don't even know what you mean by that. It sure isn't constructive to the conversation so why bother.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by wrenchman » 15 Mar 2017, 11:55 am

the gun makers here like to make pink guns cater to the ladys it throws the antis off its not evil black gun and its made for a girl
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 15 Mar 2017, 1:35 pm

The most common concern in this thread is that the rifle is black. Funny? Haha? It went right over your head. But for all I know it might help. Hows about camouflage?

And girls do like pink guns. You'd think they'd shun them, because it's sexist or something. But unless they are idiots they don't give a crap about that, they just like the pink gun. My buddy's 12 year old daughter has a pink .380. I see pink guns at the range and know other guys who's wives/daughters chose various pink guns.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by duncan61 » 15 Mar 2017, 1:49 pm

I am with you Sungazer.All firearms can be obtained if you go through the correct process.My man down south legally purchased a ruger 10/22 after the semi buy back because he had the property manager declare he needed fast follow up shots as he was their fox control guy and they had 2000 plus sheep and the foxes were a real problem when they are birthing.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Mar 2017, 3:50 pm

sungazer wrote:I don't even know what you mean by that. It sure isn't constructive to the conversation so why bother.

Whats not constructive is how slow on the up-take you are :lol:

Point is, the general consensus is that BLACK GUNS are evil bad bad and may at any second start killing all and sundry....

While a pink gun is soft, feminine and couldnt possible pose a risk to even a cute* (*not really cute) liddle kitty...

ie, hand a 'layperson' a black gun and they will probably pull their hands away in disgust, while if you hand them the same gun but in pink.... they will no doubt think its 'nice' and friendly and a girls toy (scientific proof necessary)...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

precious.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by duncan61 » 15 Mar 2017, 10:22 pm

Good call sungazer.You dont have to follow the lines that the government are trying to disarm us.I have genuine need /wish for the firearms I am permitted to own and use.I am concerned why anyone would need a tacticool rifle.Want maybe but need never.Remember crew if you wish it to be easy for anyone to have any sort of gun they feel like you are living in the same community.My son did 2 years high school basketball and 1 year college ball in the states and to get in the school grounds it was like airport security complete with scanning and armed guards.You want that and to live in a state of fear 24/7.Have a good think about it. I hope most of us go to the range or where we are hunting/culling with our gear hidden and secure and dont advertize the fact we are hunting/shooting.Most people who know nothing about firearms are scared because of lack of knowledge.I have personally taken 3 different women culling/ shooting kangaroos and they have both told all their friends about it and how it was done properly and why and the humane destruction side.Before they attended they were under this illusion we charged around with machetes randomly hacking to death small furry cute animals.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 16 Mar 2017, 4:37 am

sungazer wrote:Well this is Australian forum

No, it's not. That's specifically why the name was changed.

Of course, it is Australian-centric from a practical standpoint.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Cryptic » 16 Mar 2017, 6:33 am

Title_II wrote:
sungazer wrote:Well this is Australian forum

No, it's not. That's specifically why the name was changed.

Of course, it is Australian-centric from a practical standpoint.

Lol. I know theres variety here but the top header does say Australian shooting community so I assumed it was Australian only when I first came here too. I dont mind as gives more perspectives.

Screenshot_20170316-062904.jpg
Screenshot_20170316-062904.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 11123 times
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles