Transferring from Wa to Qld

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Transferring from Wa to Qld

Post by Deez » 11 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm

hi guys , I've recently transferred from Wa to qld. Looking for a nice club to join and have a few other questions in the state for those around brisbane.

I'm looking for a social club that shoots pistol and full bore

My last club you could rock up,anytime after 730am - 1800 any day and shoot so you could practice outside of club shoots- I'm looking for the same, it looks like a lot of the clubs around here are restricted to a few days a week.

Willing to travel an hour from brisbane if the club is friendly and not political.

Also wondering if any firearm dealers over here give you property support letters with purchases etc ( happens in most businesses in Wa)

I'm a IPSC & SSAA member

Thanks in advance nick
Deez
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Transferring from Wa to Qld

Post by fenderstrat » 15 Jan 2015, 12:34 am

I've been in Brisbane for about a year now and I only been to two places: SSAA Belmont and SSAA Ipswich. I usually go to the Ipswich one, its closer, cheaper and friendlier (Although I dont like the "single shot only/no magazines allowed" rule but dont really have many options around here)
fenderstrat
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by brisb » 15 Jan 2015, 10:37 am

Not a big deal to transfer your license.

Call QLD Weapons Licensing and give them old details, new details, blah blah and they reissue you a QLD license.

AFAIK.
brisb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brisb » 15 Jan 2015, 2:14 pm

Deez wrote:it looks like a lot of the clubs around here are restricted to a few days a week.

Yup :|
brisb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles