Tikka

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Tikka

Post by JJCASEY » 28 Feb 2015, 8:54 am

Has anyone got a tikka CTR or know anything about them ? Also I want a twisted fluted barrel with m/b and some bling on the bolt. Where is the best place in melbourne to get it done
JJCASEY
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Tikka

Post by AusC » 01 Mar 2015, 9:06 am

JJCASEY wrote:Also I want a twisted fluted barrel with m/b and some bling on the bolt.

With m/b?

As for bling on the bolt, that's called 'jewelling'.

Where in abouts in Victoria are you? To suggest a gunsmith....
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 01 Mar 2015, 9:20 am

I'm guessing m/b means muzzle brake?

Is there a running 'all things Tikka thread' as I have a few Tikka Q's and 'looking for' Q's too but don't really feel like starting an entire thread about it.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by JJCASEY » 01 Mar 2015, 9:54 am

I know it's called jewelling and I live in east melbourne. What's with all the smartass replys?
JJCASEY
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by JJCASEY » 01 Mar 2015, 9:56 am

Yes muzzle break
JJCASEY
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 01 Mar 2015, 10:05 am

JJCASEY wrote:I know it's called jewelling and I live in east melbourne. What's with all the smartass replys?

I was serious.

I'm working out a build based on a Tikka action right now, so as I said maybe we all need a Tikka thread to share information instead of doing searches to find viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2178
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3079
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2049
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1092

As for your questions have you called your local dealers/gunsmiths and asked? Might be easier.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by cruze82 » 01 Mar 2015, 10:24 am

JJCASEY wrote:I know it's called jewelling and I live in east melbourne. What's with all the smartass replys?

have a quick search on the forum mate there is a thread about the tikka CTR as for the smartass reply's maybe its because you need to do some research yourself like "hey guys I see there is a gunsmith in Melbourne named X has anyone used them or have a preferred gunsmith in east Melbourne"

the guys on here are very helpful and a lot of this info is all ready on the forum if you have time to read through a bit
cruze82
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by 1290 » 01 Mar 2015, 12:43 pm

Hey mate... I looked a couple of times and couldnt find any smartass in the replies.... the locals are trying to help a kid out (because honestly only a kid would refer to it as 'bling')

I would have also taken from the use of that alternative word that you didnt know the proper word for jewelling or engine turning.... theres no shame there, we're all learning.

If you're in east melbourne, you have the local dealer in west melbourne, only a couple of kays away - they might help out with a suggestion. If you need to send the rifle away you are required to go through a dealer anyway.

By the way, its a brake (per KWhornet) as in slow down and not a break as in broken...... :thumbsup:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by JJCASEY » 01 Mar 2015, 8:50 pm

Thanks peeps
JJCASEY
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 01 Mar 2015, 9:13 pm

peeps :lol: :lol:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Westy » 02 Mar 2015, 7:23 am

Which CTR are you looking @ getting JJ the 308 or the 260??? I have one in the 260 and it's a fine thing indeed I haven't gone with all the fruit on mine just a nice night force scope and last weekend we picked off a couple of goats and a fallow spiker with out any problems @ all... Would recommend it to anyone as a shooter so good luck and remember the haters are going to hate!!!!
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by JJCASEY » 02 Mar 2015, 11:38 am

Thanks bud, yeah in .308 or even 300 win mag , I just want the bling because it's my gun and like that sort of s**t. But all good thanks
JJCASEY
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by AusC » 02 Mar 2015, 2:27 pm

Mate calm down.

Had a brain fart and it didn't click m/b was for a brake. That's all.

Saying 'some bling' on the bolt I thought suggested you didn't know the term.

Relax.
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by jackles » 02 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm

KWhorenet wrote:Is there a running 'all things Tikka thread' as I have a few Tikka Q's and 'looking for' Q's too but don't really feel like starting an entire thread about it.

Start one with your questions, I'm sure mods could look at stickying or something. :thumbsup:
32-20 Winchester 9422
.22LR Remington Model 5
.308 Remington 700
Coming soon... 17HMR
jackles
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by VICHunter » 02 Mar 2015, 2:35 pm

Try a call to Kudu Services in Montrose.

I have not asked about fluting but has rifles bedded and some stock repairs done with good results.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Sam45 » 02 Mar 2015, 5:48 pm

This may help :thumbsup: No bulls**t review of the Rifle your looking at.

http://youtu.be/kwADFxDKrrw
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Monty » 02 Mar 2015, 7:13 pm

KWhorenet wrote:Is there a running 'all things Tikka thread' as I have a few Tikka Q's and 'looking for' Q's too but don't really feel like starting an entire thread about it.

There's no official topic at this stage, no.

I hadn't opted to do one myself as a featured post or anything as it's a bit of a double edged sword. Searing around the forum for multiple posts is one thing, searching through a long topic with tonnes of different questions... The benefits are arguable.

Not opposed to it though.

We can try a Tikka, Ruger, Remington etc. threads for common Q&A.

We'll leave you members to get the ball rolling and sticky as appropriate.
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 02 Mar 2015, 7:39 pm

Thanks Monty, I hear you on the lonnnnng variable topic where good info can be buried deep.

Just not too keen on a topic focussed only on my purchase and project Q&A cof which would be a painful discussion on buying either a
BRNO ZKK 601 or Tikka M55 or M595 as a donor to re-barrel to 20-223 for hunting only.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Monty » 02 Mar 2015, 8:08 pm

KWhorenet wrote:Just not too keen on a topic focussed only on my purchase and project Q&A cof which would be a painful discussion on buying either a BRNO ZKK 601 or Tikka M55 or M595 as a donor to re-barrel to 20-223 for hunting only.

We're all here to talk, go for it ;)
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles