Varminter

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Varminter

Post by bigfellascott » 03 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm

headspace wrote:Sometimes it sounds like going hunting with Westy is a cross between Mardi Gras and some other life changing experience. I looked at the Tikka's but bought a HOWA!
I like to have a top feed and a floorplate, not that funny little letter box slot on the top of a Tickler. When's the next trip W?
JD

I would have said most of the people he hunts with are idiots going by the s**t them seem to get em selves into :lol: this latest one couldn't even drop a round in and shoot what ever the hell it was they were shooting at :unknown: last fella nearly got himself shot because he couldn't use a rifle with a floor plate apparently :unknown: you might want to look elsewhere for shooting buddies Westy - ya scraping the bottom of the barrel by the sounds of it. :lol: :sarcasm:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by PaWNTANK » 03 Mar 2015, 9:40 pm

I usually use my 1887 loaded with slugs for hunting small game like rabbits and foxes. It turns them into giblets which I then soak in bleach and sell onto fast food chains who deep fry them and market them as chicken nuggets.
But seriously, the Howa is fine, Although I would be dubious about the Tasco scope, I've not heard too many good things about recent models.
Marlin XT-22 Varmint
Howa 1500 Varmint .308 WIN
Remington 700 TAC 21 30-06 SPRG
Boito Reuna 12G
Gamo Cadet .177
PaWNTANK
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Westy » 04 Mar 2015, 7:01 am

I love you Big fella
Last edited by Westy on 04 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Mar 2015, 7:05 am

Sadly Westy I will have to decline mate, I don't hunt with idiots, give one of your mates the gig, they do. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 04 Mar 2015, 7:14 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm still feeling the love Baby :evil: :o :twisted:
Last edited by Westy on 04 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Mar 2015, 8:59 am

Westy wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that all you got??? Well Good luck Bucko

You love it! :D have a good one mate. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by becks » 04 Mar 2015, 1:11 pm

Are you two seriously at each other or making jabs as mates?

It's hard to tell....
Howa Ranchland 7mm
Remington 7600 pump-action .243
Martin XT-22
becks
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

I can't speak for westy but I'm certainly laughing my arse off when I post replies to him - he's great fun as he reacts like a feral, which is very entertaining to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Cheer up Westy - lifes to short mate to be pissed off with everyone all day every day, have a happy pill and live life happy. :D :drinks:

P.S. We better stop, this aint our thread.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Centerfire rifles