Your fantasy rifle

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Your fantasy rifle

Post by Kaine » 08 Jul 2014, 9:16 am

Hmmm, some sort of bullpup rifle based off of the Steyr AUG platform, but running on .308 Win with the 24 inch HBAR barrel. Eotech holo sight with 3x magnifier and an M203 (It's part of the gun so it still counts!!).

Would probably want a few longer barrels and a March scope as well. An integrally suppressed barrel would be nice, not sure how long though.

Ten mags would be enough, if double stacking was not problematic width wise that would certainly be of benefit. No need for the auto lockout button thanks, it just gets in the way. That should be all.......

Oh and several thousand 40x46mm grenades, not too fussed on type, as long as most of em are HE or HEDP definitely need some Thermo rounds though, just to see what kind of mess they can make.

Not worried about .308 Win ammo, can either buy or reload to my own specification.

That should be everything. I think.
Si vis pacem fac bellum
Kaine
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by RDobber » 08 Jul 2014, 1:37 pm

I'd love a bullpup config.

Need someone to do an affordable one for my Tikka, that would do me :D
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by brett1868 » 08 Jul 2014, 9:43 pm

My fantasy changes once it comes true....had a thing for the Barrett M98B, then a Steyr HS50 M1, then a Colt M2012 CLR, then a PWS T3, then a Gamo IGT .177 followed by a Mossburg Thunder Ranch and Stainless Sako 22-250 with laminated stock.

My current fantasy is a DTA HTI in .375 Cheytac with 50BMG conversion kit.

This I'll collect next week....guess ill be looking for a new fantasy next week :)

Been contemplating becoming a licensed dealer so I can live in fantasy land permanently.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Aster » 09 Jul 2014, 2:04 pm

brett1868 wrote:Been contemplating becoming a licensed dealer so I can live in fantasy land permanently.

I've been tossing that up for a while too.

It will be a lot of work I suspect, but sure would have some perks.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by Noisydad » 09 Jul 2014, 6:19 pm

Herdsman wrote:But that's not black powder, Noisy!

:lol:

Hey! We're in fantasy mode here alright!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 09 Jul 2014, 6:29 pm

Aster wrote:
brett1868 wrote:Been contemplating becoming a licensed dealer so I can live in fantasy land permanently.

I've been tossing that up for a while too.

It will be a lot of work I suspect, but sure would have some perks.

Yes. It is. I've even started a business plan with a (potential) customer survey, got a name and found out how much a suitable premises will cost. There's lots to find out yet and I'm taking my sweet time as I'd have to put up my house and super to borrow enough to get it going. Think it'll have to wait till I'm not paying child support (not to long now).
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Aster » 11 Jul 2014, 10:51 am

I was surprised at the different classes of dealer license and that the requirements don't change.

Class 1
Dealing in Category A, B, C, D, E longarms, General Category Handguns and Category E Handguns

Class 2
Dealing in Category A, B longarms, General Category Handguns

Class 3
(a) Only repairing Category A, B, C, D, E longarms, General Category Handguns, Category E Handguns and related parts; and/or
(b) Only selling ammunition

One of the motivations for becoming a dealer for me is advertising on the forums - It's currently prohibited to advertise the sale of a firearm in Victoria unless you're a license dealer (see: Advertising the sale of firearms laws).

Pretty annoyed to find that out when we added the classifieds :evil:

I had incorrectly assumed/hoped that by either going with a Class 2 license, or initially more likely a Class 3 license where you could say you're not storing/selling firearms that the requirements would be significantly lessened.

Apparently that's not the case though, so if/when it happens I might as well go the whole hog and apply for a Class 1 and do the lot.

I wouldn't mind being kept up to date on your efforts when they happen either, Noisy ;)
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by bunnybuster » 17 Jul 2014, 12:41 am

FG 42,for starters,prompted by Warrigul, :idea:

Be Safe BB.
bunnybuster
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia