What don't you like about Tikkas?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: What don't you like about Tikkas?

Post by Lyam » 17 Apr 2015, 11:24 am

I can't say I like the synthetic models. That stock combined with the plastic mags, trigger guard, colt cap etc. make them feel cheap IMO.

They feel solid enough with a timber stock though and they're obviously a proven rifle. Got myself a timber one.
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by jake84 » 17 Apr 2015, 11:46 am

Yeah myself personally I don’t like synthetic.
They don’t feel personal and well made at all that’s just my opinion .
jake84
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Macca » 20 Apr 2015, 1:10 am

the issue i found with my tikka (.223) was the mag. i bought a 1:8 rate of twist so when i started making my own rounds with 69grn + bullets they wouldn't fit in the the factory mag. i would have thought buying i high rate of twist they would have expected you to use larger grains rather than the standard 55grn bullet...?

the plastic trigger guard looks sweet, is strong as it ever needs to be, is lighter and will never rust so i was fine with that.
best bolt action ive ever felt with stainless free floated barrel makes it my no.1 gun.
:)
Macca
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Boatman » 20 Apr 2015, 6:26 pm

Macca wrote:the issue i found with my tikka (.223) was the mag. i bought a 1:8 rate of twist so when i started making my own rounds with 69grn + bullets they wouldn't fit in the the factory mag. i would have thought buying i high rate of twist they would have expected you to use larger grains rather than the standard 55grn bullet...?

Magazine length gimping COAL is always a complaint for Tikkas.
Boatman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles