Changes in the safe

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Changes in the safe

Post by headspace » 20 May 2015, 3:09 am

As I have officially limited my battery to 4 rifles, and I want a 9.3x62, something has to go and it looks like it will be my 308. Nice rifle but the 270 will do anything it can, and do it with class. It's going on the market very soon, the 308 I mean.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Changes in the safe

Post by bigfellascott » 20 May 2015, 9:00 am

Sort of been thinking of thinning out my collection a bit too, but finding it hard to let go of any of them.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Baldrick314 » 20 May 2015, 9:22 am

bigfellascott wrote:Sort of been thinking of thinning out my collection a bit too, but finding it hard to let go of any of them.

I've sold one rifle in my life and I regret it immensely, unless I was hard up for money I don't think I could part with any of mine
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by basil brush » 20 May 2015, 1:17 pm

OK
I will bite.
What type of rifle is it and how much?

I am in the market for a 308.
Huntin fishin missin
basil brush
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by headspace » 20 May 2015, 4:54 pm

G'day basil, it's a Howa 1500 with a 22 fluted barrel, a laminated Boyd's stock with a Limbsaver pad. The scope is a 3-9x50 Leopold VX1. I'd be including a set of Lee dies including a Collet neck sizer, and around 150 cases, all Winchester. I'm thinking $1,000, but it cost a lot more than that. Probably toss in some 165gn Hornady Interlocks that it seems to like.
JD
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Hercl » 22 May 2015, 3:15 pm

So what's on the cards for the 9.3x62mm?
What is this "too many rifles" you speak of?
Hercl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 23 May 2015, 6:29 pm

A nice package at a good price for someone thinking to buy a .308 which should sell fairly quickly. I only have an emotional attachment to my Sako 22-250, everything else has to earn it's place in the safe or its outta there. Recently offloaded a Colt 2012CLR and Barrett M98 which were both great shooters and in near perfect condition only because I combined both of those calibre's with a DTA SRS. Good luck with he sale and looking forward to hearing about the incoming 9.3x62mm
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by headspace » 23 May 2015, 8:04 pm

Thanks Brett, I may be keeping the 308 after a bit of a re think, but the 9.3 is still on the drawing board. I try to have a selection of rifles that will suit a particular job, and so far what I have is doing just that. However, I think I'll wait a little because the next rifle will have to be something a bit special. Ever since John Rigby and Co came back on the scene I've been very keen to get something with really nice wood and a decent blueing job. I just like the more traditional style of rifle. So the 308, being a good bush gun will still have a place, I'll just get another rifle but the selection process this time will be a bit more detailed, and the calibre large.
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 23 May 2015, 10:30 pm

headspace wrote:Thanks Brett, I may be keeping the 308 after a bit of a re think, but the 9.3 is still on the drawing board. I try to have a selection of rifles that will suit a particular job, and so far what I have is doing just that. However, I think I'll wait a little because the next rifle will have to be something a bit special. Ever since John Rigby and Co came back on the scene I've been very keen to get something with really nice wood and a decent blueing job. I just like the more traditional style of rifle. So the 308, being a good bush gun will still have a place, I'll just get another rifle but the selection process this time will be a bit more detailed, and the calibre large.

You can always buy bigger safes like I did so you don't have to limit yourself :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by headspace » 24 May 2015, 6:12 pm

Hmm that too is a possibility mate.
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Seik » 25 May 2015, 11:36 am

bigfellascott wrote:Sort of been thinking of thinning out my collection a bit too, but finding it hard to let go of any of them.

I'm like that throwing out most things I've gotta be honest. A bit of a hoarder maybe.

I found best way to whittle down which one is to go is compared two things and decide which of the two you'll keep and put it aside.

Then compare the remaining one with the next one and keep one of those.

Repeat with everything and at the end whichever is the last one left in your hand is the one you get rid off.
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 25 May 2015, 10:01 pm

I just need another safe.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by veep » 26 May 2015, 2:18 pm

That works even better :D
veep
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 26 May 2015, 2:23 pm

Seik wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:......
Then compare the remaining one with the next one and keep one of those.
Repeat with everything and at the end whichever is the last one left in your hand is the one you get rid off.

Then compare that with the first one you kept and wash rinse repeat :lol:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by headspace » 26 May 2015, 10:17 pm

Decisions, decisions, it's like throwing out one of your children.
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Harper » 27 May 2015, 3:47 pm

KWhorenet wrote:Then compare that with the first one you kept and wash rinse repeat :lol:

At least it passes the hours :lol:
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Return to Centerfire rifles