lee Enfield

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: lee Enfield

Post by sandgroperbill » 14 Sep 2016, 11:10 pm

Oooohhhh... They have a lee metford... I want...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by No1Mk3 » 15 Sep 2016, 5:44 am

G'day AusTac,
Jeffs gunshow is on at Altona the weekend after the auction, if you don't have a win there. There are no Enforcers this time around, the one you see is an L42A1, the British Army sniper rifle, the Enforcer was made from L39's. There are also some High Mounts and Low Mounts for the well heeled to bid on, as well as a No4(T) in it's Transit Case. It is my intention to just touch these magic things, as it is as close as I will get to owning one! Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 21 Sep 2016, 9:58 pm

The no4 mk2, although heavier than the mk1 with its beech stock does offer improved accuracy and can generally be found in much better condition (I found a pair for sale online that were still in the mummy wrap) than the mk1 and mk1*s.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Hangfire » 21 Sep 2016, 10:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently got hold of a Nice No4 MK1* that has been post war refurbished.

Mine has No4 MK1 F (FTR) across the top of the left hand side of the receiver with a newer serial number (like the FTR markings) below and next to it the old No4 MK1*

Alot of the info i have read states that No4 Mk1* that were refurb should be marked No4 Mk1/3 (FTR)?

Does anyone know what the different marking means or is it just a minor variance to the name convention?
Attachments
IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3025.JPG (994.18 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
Hangfire
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Sep 2016, 8:49 am

Which markings? serial number, model number and variation...
Factory Thorough Repair (or refurb, not quite sure on the R)...

I'm sure someone with Skennerton's book/s (should cover it I believe) will describe the variations and repair/mods :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gamerancher » 22 Sep 2016, 9:16 am

Got a No.4 Mk1 I have no use for or desire to keep, 2 groove barrel, looks presentable, bore 5/10. What's it worth?
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Sep 2016, 9:47 am

Gamerancher wrote:Got a No.4 Mk1 I have no use for or desire to keep, 2 groove barrel, looks presentable, bore 5/10. What's it worth?

Nothing.
I'll take the burden away from you... as long as you pay the freight.. :D ;)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by AusTac » 22 Sep 2016, 9:58 am

If the bore is as bad as you say probably a few hundred at best, but it really depends, post a photo if you'd like

The longbranch no 4's go for slightly more these days
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Return to Centerfire rifles