S&W Model 41

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

S&W Model 41

Post by David Brown » 13 Jul 2015, 5:06 pm

Is there anyone here (or know of somebody) with a Model 41 Smith and Wesson?

I have held one and it fits my hand nicely, they apparently are not too bad as a target pistol, and are extremely reliable on CCI SV ammo. Not sure how well they go on RF events though.

I really want to talk with an owner and if possible meet them at a range if they are within easy reach (by plane if necessary).

Standing by for intel :friends:
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: S&W Model 41

Post by MTone » 16 Jul 2015, 8:17 pm

Hi David,

I own two Smith & Wesson Model 41 pistols, they are great little firearms. One is the 5.5 inch barrel model that I believe is a 2010 production and a 7 3/8" (187mm) version that was manufactured sometime around 1959. Both are superb shooters and both well beyond my capabilities.

I shoot field pistol and rimfire metallic silhouette competitions with these firearms using only CCI Standard Velocity ammunition, I have found this works so much better than anything else I have put through them. I am also quite wary of using anything but standard velocity in the long barrel pistol as she should be allowed to grow even older with the grace that befits her age.

You are more than welcome to try them however I think the flight over to the extreme western suburbs i.e. Perth might be a stretch. If it turns out this is not a problem I live 10 minutes from the airport and the Orange Grove Shooting Association is approximately 15 minutes drive away :)

I have attached photos for research purposes only... and yes they were cleared before staging the photo...

Cheers,

MTone.
Attachments
S&W Model 41 187mm.jpg
S&W Model 41 187mm.jpg (103.84 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
S&W Model 41-140mm.jpg
S&W Model 41-140mm.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
MTone
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by David Brown » 16 Jul 2015, 10:57 pm

Hmmm, tempting.

They are nice pistols

The CCI SV is appealing as the diet for these things.

Thanks for the range report.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 17 Jul 2015, 3:08 pm

How do you find performance differs between the two barrel lengths?
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles