Canadian Ranger Lee Enfield #4 replaced at last

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Canadian Ranger Lee Enfield #4 replaced at last

Post by XP22 » 23 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/the-lee ... r-service/

Canadian rangers are finally replacing the Lee Enfields, I have to say I approve of TIKKAS (they call them sakos?)
XP22
Recruit
Recruit

-

Re: Canadian Ranger Lee Enfield #4 replaced at last

Post by brett1868 » 24 Jul 2015, 9:49 am

Bit weird calling them Sako's when made by Tikka, you could also call them Beretta as they own / control Sako which is Tikka....Looks to be a nice rifle anyway. If they were after a semi auto suitable for the climate then the AK47 might be best choice...9/10 Terrorists would agree :)

Another thing I laugh at is guys putting Chevy badge's on their commodores when there's no Chev parts in them, might as well put a BMW badge on it.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by XP22 » 24 Jul 2015, 10:25 am

brett1868 wrote:Bit weird calling them Sako's when made by Tikka, you could also call them Beretta as they own / control Sako which is Tikka....Looks to be a nice rifle anyway. If they were after a semi auto suitable for the climate then the AK47 might be best choice...9/10 Terrorists would agree :)

Another thing I laugh at is guys putting Chevy badge's on their commodores when there's no Chev parts in them, might as well put a BMW badge on it.

Yep, is SAKO is TIKKA is Beretta,

Whats in a name? Maybe it was an easier sell, still a TIKKA

7.62 x 39 is not considered a suitable cartridge for bear, nor is any semi suitable for extreme conditions, the AK may be the best of the lot but it still leaves a lot to be desired when you compare it to a bolt action. It is a lot easier to dip your bolt in petrol than remove a wet and frozen actuating rod and piston.

It also needs to be understood that these rifles are for hunting/survival/protection whilst patrolling, not primarily combat.

I wonder if they still have the s**ty plastic bolt shroud.
XP22
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by brett1868 » 24 Jul 2015, 11:16 am

Pretty extreme conditions up there so makes sense to go with a Finnish rifle, they have very similar cold conditions to Canada.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 24 Jul 2015, 2:34 pm

i want one of the lee rifles that they are retireing i bet the new one will be a 3008
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Xerox » 27 Jul 2015, 10:07 am

XP22 wrote:Canadian rangers are finally replacing the Lee Enfields, I have to say I approve of TIKKAS (they call them sakos?)

Yeah says Sako but even links to Tikka website.

Slip the tongue by author probably.
Xerox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 01 Aug 2015, 6:08 pm

looks like a good gun 2 questions tho why a laminated stock over synthetic . and why not a ruger gun site scout with all the same features for less monny
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by huccl » 04 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm

Dunno they that needed bother.

Anyone likely to declare war on Canada in the foreseeable future? :lol:
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal