new ruger

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

new ruger

Post by wrenchman » 29 Jul 2015, 3:20 am

there is a new ruger out i dont no if you guys can get it becouse it looks like a ar
Attachments
18001-T.jpg
18001-T.jpg (7.9 KiB) Viewed 3115 times
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Re: new ruger

Post by brett1868 » 29 Jul 2015, 7:30 am

Nice looking rifle but probably not legal in many states for a few reason, the rear stock folds which rules it out for NSW due to minimum length requirements, looks too "Military" for W.A based on it looking similar to the Colt 2012 CLR which was recently banned there. Not sure about the other states or territories though I suspect it wouldn't be approved for sale. Pity as it looks like a well thought out package.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 29 Jul 2015, 12:31 pm

it does look good, and Rutgers are reliable with strong actions.

but, as Brett says, guns won't be approved in WA if they resemble a military weapon.

Ridiculous.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by FuzzyM » 29 Jul 2015, 12:46 pm

This country is a joke. Judging a gun by its cover. It looks scary better ban it. What happened to the country my grandfather grew up in?

Rant over.
Ps looks awesome :)
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 29 Jul 2015, 1:05 pm

looks like it would be a pain to single load without the may, but does look pretty sweet.

I'm thinking of ways I may be able to justify it. I may need to join a club and see if I can get the 6.5 through licensing...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 29 Jul 2015, 3:14 pm

What happened to the country and freedoms that my grandfather , gr8 grandfather and gr8 gr8 granfathe fought for . don't know about the folding stock if its pined like an ar and can still detach probly be OK not sure tho
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 29 Jul 2015, 8:05 pm

Folding stocks make it 10x more deadly,the hoplophobes crap their pants at the sight of them so they are banned.

The Ruger catalog is pretty good,they have a gun to suit everyone with an incredible range.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by graynomad » 29 Jul 2015, 10:03 pm

On another thread someone quoted NIOA as saying it won't be allowed in Oz because of the folding stock.
graynomad
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 29 Jul 2015, 11:37 pm

graynomad wrote:On another thread someone quoted NIOA as saying it won't be allowed in Oz because of the folding stock.

It's all related to minimum length requirements, if it met the minimum length with the stock folded then it would be allowed. I have a rifle that has a removable butt stock that would otherwise be prohibited except it is well over minimum length with the butt stock removed so it's o.k. I think they worry that with a folding stock you suddenly have a concealable weapon and we all know that's a no no.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 29 Jul 2015, 11:56 pm

Well. I don't know about the rest of you, but the bulge in my pants is already that big that i could conceal a smle down there and nobody would be the wiser
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by FuzzyM » 30 Jul 2015, 12:48 pm

Yeah yeah ^
I think by smle you meant 22LR derringer :P
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Jul 2015, 5:40 pm

Looks real nice - can't see it getting a run here though with the way the peanuts think these days. :thumbsdown: most of em will probably have an involuntary bowel or bladder movement if they saw that coming into the country (even though it's just another bolt action rifle) same as every other bolt action rifle with a fancy looking stock on it which doesn't do anything special (other than provide a bit more flexibility in getting the rifle to fit the owner better) a bit like changing the rims and tires on a standard commodore for something a bit smarter and nicer looking (that will be the next no no I suppose) it could encourage street racing or something :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Jul 2015, 6:07 pm

bentaz wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:a bit like changing the rims and tires on a standard commodore for something a bit smarter and nicer looking (that will be the next no no I suppose) it could encourage street racing or something :unknown:

Its got an "Internal combustion engine"? Sounds like dangerous new technology to me!

That's about it hey, so scary, I'm hiding under the bed just incase :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 30 Jul 2015, 11:40 pm

Even worse, have you heard how many times those pistons fire in a minute? And you don't have to cycle it, just hold down the pedal!

Maybe thats why they were so keen to close down the car industry...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 31 Jul 2015, 1:48 am

I've just been doing a little more reading on this rifle and looking at some reviews.

This looks like a really sweet rifle, bit heavy, but good if you're gonna set up somewhere and wait. I do like the American bolt, action and trigger, and would love to get this rifle in 6.5. I'm really not sure wapol would approve it simply based on its looks, though
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Harper » 05 Aug 2015, 9:25 am

sandgroperbill wrote:This looks like a really sweet rifle, bit heavy

That's par for the course with Rugers.

They're not feather weight rifles, they're a solid built workhorse and that comes with a little weight.

:)
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Return to Centerfire rifles