'Tacticool' stocks

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

'Tacticool' stocks

Post by Heckler303 » 07 Aug 2015, 11:47 pm

Hey all

So, when taking a look for a great rifle to use for both sports/target shooting and hunting around the 1000 dollar mark and under, if there is one thing I'd love to do, its to have a great tactical stock to mount and keep it on. Not just to look cool, but I really like pistol grips and adjustable stocks with cheekpiece-rises.

My main goal is to get something along the lines of either a Savage 110 or a Rem 700, so does anyone know of any good 'tacticool' stocks to buy, preferably in the cheaper range. The cheaper and more useful the better. :D
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Re: 'Tacticool' stocks

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Aug 2015, 1:20 am

Perhaps a howa action? There are a few stock options for the howa action, and (this is purely personal opinion) i prefer the howa action to rem and savage.

If you like tacticool maybe a blackhawk axiom might be to your tastes
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Bosbefok » 08 Aug 2015, 8:39 am

GRS make a really cool looking stock with an adjustable cheek piece.
Winchester 250 .22lr
Remington 673 .243
Remington Cld .25-06
Ruger Hawkeye ll .308
Rossi .44 mag
Bosbefok
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 08 Aug 2015, 8:54 am

Appears NIOA carry the DRA Range of stocks which means most dealers should be able to get one in for you. Haven't used the GRS but since looking at the link I see they fit Sako 85 so I might take a closer look at them in the near future. I'd like the adjustable cheek piece feature on my Sako's just to get the eye a little higher and more comfortable.

http://www.nioa.com.au/module/itemList/view/393/6/previous-featured/grs-rifle-stocks
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Heckler303 » 08 Aug 2015, 10:49 am

Thanks for the replies everybody.

sandgroperbill wrote:Perhaps a howa action? There are a few stock options for the howa action, and (this is purely personal opinion) i prefer the howa action to rem and savage.

If you like tacticool maybe a blackhawk axiom might be to your tastes

I saw the blackhawk axiom, and the more I look at it, the more I like it. I'm a little iffy over the front grip being seated slightly lower, leaving the barrel REALLY floating out there, but I'd bet that it would probably work really great for prone-target shooting.

I'd get one either in basic black or sandstone. Sandstone would be effective around some places around here for going deer hunting, and the 700 BDL is a highly proven rifle for that purpose.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Baronvonrort » 08 Aug 2015, 11:31 am

Have a look at the MDT LSS and MDT Tac21, you can fit these to Tikka,Howa,Savage,Remington.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Prios » 11 Aug 2015, 11:04 am

Bosbefok wrote:GRS make a really cool looking stock with an adjustable cheek piece.

Some reading on those here from stock owners on the forum :arrow: GRS Stocks
Browning T-Bolt 17HMR + Leupold VX-1 4-12x40
Browning X Bolt Hunter 30-06 Springfield + Leupold VX-1 3-9x40
Prios
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles