What does 223 recoil feel like.

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: What does 223 recoil feel like.

Post by Title_II » 10 Jan 2016, 1:50 am

FuzzyM wrote:I know someone who scoped himself with a 223.....

That's hilarious. I've never heard of that.

I don't have any .223 bolts but I have M16 and ARs. When I shoot semi, I press my nose against the charging handle, old school. The 20"just jiggles but the 16" and 11.5" actually hurt my nose a little bit. Not so much that I have to stop shooting. No bruise or anything. I actually manage to get my collar bone bruised a little in auto sometimes. I don't think it's the recoil, I think it's because I'm pulling that sucker in so hard and waving it around.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sandgroperbill » 10 Jan 2016, 3:26 am

Title_II wrote:I don't think it's the recoil, I think it's because I'm pulling that sucker in so hard and waving it around.

Spray'n'pray, eh?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 10 Jan 2016, 4:18 am

sandgroperbill wrote:
Title_II wrote:I don't think it's the recoil, I think it's because I'm pulling that sucker in so hard and waving it around.

Spray'n'pray, eh?

Not really. I like to go after multiple targets fast. Like sending away 7 soup cans in a little over a second or transitioning torso targets without letting go of the trigger. I'm following the front sight or the red dot. I get a few misses in there but mostly hits and it happens fast. It's just fun.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 10 Jan 2016, 6:09 am

Out of all the centre fire calibres going around the .222 and 223 are the most tame of all.......and lets not forget no or negligible recoil adds to better accuracy over time.

COLLECTOR 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by coloradoboy » 10 Jan 2016, 6:14 pm

it doesn't feel like much because I go shooting with my ar every weekend. the more you shot the less you gonna feel it.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Bourt » 13 Jan 2016, 1:28 pm

SuperHans wrote:Ok so im planning to get my longarms license. Ive only had the opportunity to fire a 308. Well that and ALOT of handgun calibers. So im wondering how a 223 recoils compared to that and a 22lr or pistols?

Couldn't give you a number comparing to pistols but against a .308 since you know it, a .223 has about 15% - 20% of that recoil.

Anyone can shoot a .223, no worries.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Jan 2016, 4:09 pm

Bourt wrote:
SuperHans wrote:Ok so im planning to get my longarms license. Ive only had the opportunity to fire a 308. Well that and ALOT of handgun calibers. So im wondering how a 223 recoils compared to that and a 22lr or pistols?

Couldn't give you a number comparing to pistols but against a .308 since you know it, a .223 has about 15% - 20% of that recoil.

Anyone can shoot a .223, no worries.

9mmLuger pistol - free recoil 4 to 6 ft.lb force (heavier to lighter mass pistol)

So, that makes it similar to a 223Rem rifle, but obviously 'feel' would be different with shoulder vs wrist....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by juststarting » 13 Jan 2016, 10:10 pm

About 85 recoil units less than 308 :)
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain