Gun Dodgy fixes.

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Gun Dodgy fixes.

Post by MalleeFarmer » 29 Jan 2016, 6:19 pm

What is the dodgiest fix you've seen?
Here's an M8 hex bolt and 4 Spring washers As spacers instead of the usual action screws. :shock: After I cleaned the T3 up the owner told his mate about it and I've picked up another job. I've ordered new action screws for it. I'm gonna have to start a business cleaning and fixing minor issues on guns. :wtf: I didn't realise how much farmers care for their guns! Of not. Though not all of us as mine are all in pretty good nick.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Howa Action Screw.
image.jpeg (102.57 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Gun Dodgy fixes.

Post by Supaduke » 29 Jan 2016, 6:32 pm

It's an ingenious recoil damper, don't you know nuffink....
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 29 Jan 2016, 6:39 pm

Yea :lol:
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 29 Jan 2016, 9:09 pm

Its a quick-adjust black tactical stock restraint with optional helical precision gyroscopic stabilising system..... Its what all the sniper types are using :unknown:
Last edited by <<Genesis93>> on 30 Jan 2016, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by MalleeFarmer » 30 Jan 2016, 6:15 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Its a quick-adjust black tactical stock restraint with optional helical precision gyroscopic stabilising system..... Its was all the sniper types are using :unknown:

I believe you just sold an M8 hex bolt with 4. Spring washers to a tacticool 22yo gun owner for $150.
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 30 Jan 2016, 7:34 am

bentaz wrote:I have seen a slug gun that was duct tapped into the stock with no screws.

Slug Gun as in a rifled 12g?
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Jan 2016, 8:28 am

years ago the old man lent one of his shotties to a 'mate' who somehow.....someway, snapped the lug off the underside of the barrels(holding fore-end)....

Shottie comes home with araldite repair.. :lol: :evil:

Perhaps no one instructed him on how to use the gun to shoot the ducks ....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by MalleeFarmer » 30 Jan 2016, 9:18 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:years ago the old man lent one of his shotties to a 'mate' who somehow.....someway, snapped the lug off the underside of the barrels(holding fore-end)....

Shottie comes home with araldite repair.. :lol: :evil:

Perhaps no one instructed him on how to use the gun to shoot the ducks ....

Not cool! :x
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Jan 2016, 9:23 am

bentaz wrote:I have seen a slug gun that was duct tapped into the stock with no screws.

nothin you cant fix with duct tape (or duck tape to many :unknown: :lol: ), a length of fencing wire and a hammer...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 30 Jan 2016, 9:42 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:

nothin you cant fix with duct tape (or duck tape to many :unknown: :lol: ), a length of fencing wire and a hammer...

Sometimes you need Bondo and JB Weld, or a bigger hammer :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by MalleeFarmer » 30 Jan 2016, 11:50 am

Engineering Flow Chart.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.76 KiB) Viewed 4847 times
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 30 Jan 2016, 12:14 pm

My grandfather used to carry a short flat head screwdriver in his pocket whenever he was out with the 12g. You need something to extract the shells, after all
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Jan 2016, 2:27 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:My grandfather used to carry a short flat head screwdriver in his pocket whenever he was out with the 12g. You need something to extract the shells, after all

Son! that danged extractor gone again, wheres mi screw tool? :lol:

....there was a day, not so long ago when we could carry a pocket knife in our.... pocket.... there was alway one blade that would fix whatever needed fixin. Thems days be gone.... :evil:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 30 Jan 2016, 2:47 pm

I used to carry a pocket knife on my belt at school, as did a lot of the boys from farming families.
Back then, knives were still considered tools. Nowadays they represent a threat to all human civilisation.
Seriously, could you imagine if a boy rocked up to school with a pocket knife on his belt these days? They would lock down the school, call the press, call the police (most likely in that order) and launch a manhunt.
But I digress...
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Stubbles McBeard » 30 Jan 2016, 5:19 pm

bentaz wrote:And no not a rifled shotgun just an air rifle one of my mates had when we were teenagers, you'd be pretty game shooting 12ga slugs with the action held in with tape, really think you'd need zip ties for that lol!

I learned to shoot with an old air rifle held into the stock with zippies and a couple wraps of electrical tape. Could damn near see the pellet fall out of the end.
Stubbles McBeard
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 30 Jan 2016, 8:46 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:Seriously, could you imagine if a boy rocked up to school with a pocket knife on his belt these days? They would lock down the school, call the press, call the police (most likely in that order) and launch a manhunt.
But I digress...

A couple of times I carried a pocket knife in my pocket (most unlikely spot to look for one) and because I wasn't dumb enough to let it fall out no one ever found out.

Came in handy opening a lock once, and chocolate milks where there was no sharp plastic straw.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 30 Jan 2016, 9:28 pm

I use a mouse pad for a recoil pad on one of my shotties :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 30 Jan 2016, 9:43 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I use a mouse pad for a recoil pad on one of my shotties :lol:

Farkn top idea. Will remember that. :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 31 Jan 2016, 3:41 am

Oldbloke wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I use a mouse pad for a recoil pad on one of my shotties :lol:

Farkn top idea. Will remember that. :lol:

:lol: nothing but the best for my ol Boito :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Title_II » 31 Jan 2016, 5:30 am

Here's a dodgy one alright from the USA:

:)

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=149912

sandgroperbill wrote:I used to carry a pocket knife on my belt at school, as did a lot of the boys from farming families.
Back then, knives were still considered tools. Nowadays they represent a threat to all human civilisation.
Seriously, could you imagine if a boy rocked up to school with a pocket knife on his belt these days? They would lock down the school, call the press, call the police (most likely in that order) and launch a manhunt.
But I digress...

In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (USA) they actually have a law that possession of a knife in public is a minimum 90 days in jail. Yet you can carry a gun, of course Image

Doesn't seem to be enforced much, people carry knives obviously with the clip sticking out of their pockets.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 31 Jan 2016, 8:20 am

It's a dodgy epidemic :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by MalleeFarmer » 31 Jan 2016, 10:45 am

Mouse pad as a recoil pad! Awesome idea the old winny 1300 with the nice solid plastic butt protector would do well to have a mouse pad recoil pad. After 40 odd shots the shoulder starts to hurt.
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 31 Jan 2016, 8:01 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 17 Feb 2017, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Supaduke » 31 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm

Title_II wrote:Here's a dodgy one alright from the USA:

:)

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=149912

sandgroperbill wrote:I used to carry a pocket knife on my belt at school, as did a lot of the boys from farming families.
But I digress...

In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (USA) they actually have a law that possession of a knife in public is a minimum 90 days in jail. Yet you can carry a gun, of course Image

Doesn't seem to be enforced much, people carry knives obviously with the clip sticking out of their pockets.

Bedded, free floating barrel, custom chassis, bet it shoots like a laser
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Seik » 15 Feb 2016, 9:57 am

bentaz wrote:And no not a rifled shotgun

I didn't realise there was such a thing.

Why the hell wouldn't you just use a rifle instead of get a gun that only fires slugs :unknown:
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Feb 2016, 10:11 am

Bedded, free floating barrel, custom chassis, bet it shoots like a laser

You coult take an inadvertently out of focus picture, add a few more tactical descriptions;

Skeletonised tactical stock
pistol grip
tactical bipod
picatinny rail

..... and it would sell in 2 minutes flat on abused guns :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by wayward » 22 Feb 2016, 1:59 pm

It's be fun to fire once but I'm siding with Seik on this one :lol:
wayward
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Rocker » 01 Mar 2016, 2:39 pm

Cooked up by some shotgun fanboy who couldn't admit a rifle would be better :lol:
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 01 Mar 2016, 4:59 pm

Rocker wrote:Cooked up by some shotgun fanboy who couldn't admit a rifle would be better :lol:

I'm expecting something from bentaz on this one! :lol: :lol:
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by GLS_1956 » 01 Mar 2016, 6:14 pm

Seik wrote:
bentaz wrote:And no not a rifled shotgun

I didn't realise there was such a thing.

Why the hell wouldn't you just use a rifle instead of get a gun that only fires slugs :unknown:

Some States or counties here in the US only allow the use of shotguns for deer hunting. So industry developed the rifled shotgun barrel.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles