#HOT OFF THE PRESS# firearm imports

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

#HOT OFF THE PRESS# firearm imports

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Feb 2016, 9:14 am

Newly released data concerning firearm import numbers

Note this information was up to 2011-2012 a standard inclusion within the customs annual PUBLIC report.... but has since then been omitted, they refuse to say why but I suspect the exponential growth (ok not quite exponential!) in firearm import numbers is no longer as palatable to certain 'groups' and individuals.... but here it is after much deliberation some data was eventually released, so thanks to the corporatised public service for apparently forgetting that this info should be on the public record and the requiring of the almost pulling of finger nails to access....

The numbers

Imports troughed at 98-99 after a spike of imports for the steal back (I suspect there was significant imports for the buyback, lots of money was made back then by a few..) with 5,540 rifles and 2,372 shotguns imported.

These numbers steadily climbed to set record import numbers for the 13-14 year at 61,698 rifles! And 23,334 shotguns (neglecting the 96-97 import to buyback flurry of 37,601 shotties).

Then the next year 2014-15, another rifle record of 78,465!!!
Shotgun number up to July last year dropped dramatically to 14,055. With the last 7years of shotgun numbers looking like this 9815,13371,12055,18739,19432, 23334,14055

Why the sudden drop in Shotgun imports? Could it have been the 'Adler effect', where you guys passed up the purchase of that new shotty in anticipation of the 7 shot “almost semiauto game changer”??? Did the Adler severely dent shotgun sales?

The great news is that the ever increasing import numbers reveal the sad reality to some; sport shooting and hunting is ever increasing in popularity!

AND

We have, since the buyback, well and truly replaced the 'handed back' firearms, so many old single shot 22s and beat up hammer guns – with (counted up to eight months ago) 1,206,490 new firearms! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
(includes all firearms, all longarms, handguns, air guns, private, commercial, govt and of recent paintball markers).

Is it a coincidence that the increase in anti-gun and anti-shooting, anti-hunting rhetoric,the barrage we've suffered over the last 2 or 3 plus years accompanies this increase in firearm sales? :violin: Are the GCA threesome driving gun sales?? :violin: :clap: and increased participation :) their own worst enemy? maybe Our number 1 gun importer is secretly financing these hoplotards! :lol:

In summary; Remember, when you buy your next firearm, take a hit for the nation and buy an extra....and sign up your friends and family for a licence.

I'll get some graphs going, I know most of you guys are visual types...no pie charts though, they just make me hungry.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Re: #HOT OFF THE PRESS# firearm imports

Post by happyhunter » 04 Feb 2016, 12:00 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 17 Feb 2017, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by KWhorenet » 04 Feb 2016, 12:06 pm

Could be adding a Tikka M65A to your charts in the near future. Just doing my bit :thumbsup:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 04 Feb 2016, 12:56 pm

Always room for one more....hahahahhahhahahah

COLLECTOR 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 04 Feb 2016, 4:39 pm

Well ....
I certainly, will not be responsible for any future figures, that may see the light of day.
Given that: I am SO TOTALLY OVER the ( direct ) import thing !

I have zero idea, what it was that had me possessed. Lol

Have already taken massive hits in selling 'much sought after' items .... for the US market !
Aussies just ain't got the 'collecting bug', as much as the Yanks ( and me, for a while there. )
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 04 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

Sounds like it ended up costly?
Did you import to use and possibly make a profit, or just to on sell for profit ?
If I bring this rifle in it's definitely as a keeper that I cant source in country with only ~700 ever being made & issued.

I'll probably tell my sad expensive story after the fact :lol:

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:Well ....
I certainly, will not be responsible for any future figures, that may see the light of day.
Given that: I am SO TOTALLY OVER the ( direct ) import thing !

I have zero idea, what it was that had me possessed. Lol

Have already taken massive hits in selling 'much sought after' items .... for the US market !
Aussies just ain't got the 'collecting bug', as much as the Yanks ( and me, for a while there. )
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 04 Feb 2016, 7:13 pm

@ KWhorenet

I reckon it ( importing for 'personal use' ) is like getting a tattoo

Todays - best idea
Tomorrows - 'What the F**k was I thinking !'

My advice ... try to resist. Lol
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 04 Feb 2016, 7:21 pm

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:@ KWhorenet
I reckon it ( importing for 'personal use' ) is like getting a tattoo
Todays - best idea
Tomorrows - 'What the F**k was I thinking !'
My advice ... try to resist. Lol

haha good analogy

Ok fess up. Hidden costs ? Dodgy seller misrepresenting condition ? Didn't receive what you expected etc ?
Did you get screwed or just not have all the info you needed to calculate the total cost to your door before committing ?

Or is the scab too raw to scratch around yet :oops:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Heckler303 » 04 Feb 2016, 7:55 pm

Sure is good to see LAFOs getting more toys. Even if some of them won't ever be used.

Even after I just got my Lee Enfield 303-25, I went out and picked up a 25-06. Looks like even I am helping out with sales this year. Alongside that, I'll be picking up ANOTHER Lee Enfield and a 22lr soon.

Speaking of which, pics of my new 25-06 will be up soon. Be warned, it currently looks like I dug it out of the ground from a junkyard, but my 303-25 gives me motivation that sometime it might look acceptable.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 04 Feb 2016, 7:56 pm

PM me, if you want my tales of joy and tribulation. ( insert smiley face )
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Feb 2016, 9:06 pm

More guns mean more happy people, good to see the country's so happy! :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Redwood » 08 Feb 2016, 10:43 am

1,206,490 new firearms!

Go team :thumbsup:
Redwood
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by GLS_1956 » 08 Feb 2016, 5:50 pm

Our production and import number usually run a few year behind, the Gov't knows but since the number are also business information it is kept unreleased to the public for a year or so. But I do believe that we build more guns here in the USA per year than we import. Ruger is claimed to be number one producer and I think Smith & Wesson is number two.

Legislation wise we often here the uniformed and the idiots, not always but often one in the same, call for a "One gun a month law". Damn I'd try, but I don't think I can afford a monthly purchase.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 08 Feb 2016, 7:16 pm

Thats a crack up.... only one a month... every month...every year.... that'll reduce them numbers...

We also suffer from the utterly incomprehensible, like the 28day wait, which is known as the 'cooling off period'.... so by the time you get the gun - you'll (you being the bloke, cause blokes are the only violent types in this world of misandry we live in) would have calmed down :crazy: :lol: even though you might have 00 firearms already.... this thankfully is not applied other than to first purchase in Vic....

As far as numbers, we're not allowed to know how many guns are imported (Aus production is negligible to zero) without going FOIA on them...why? because the tards 'philosophy' is based on the success of 96 when 700k odd longarms were 'removed' from society... it's not so convenient to know they were replaced several years ago with new arms, with further numbers accelerating as we speak... so many more guns yet murder and suicide by firearm continued to reduce....and of course started reducing before 96. The inconvenient is hidden - as best they can
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Tiiger » 11 Feb 2016, 11:52 am

MR. WINCHESTER wrote:Aussies just ain't got the 'collecting bug', as much as the Yanks ( and me, for a while there. )

If we didn't have to cut through feet of red tape for anything more would I'm sure.
Tiiger
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 11 Feb 2016, 4:08 pm

Tiiger wrote:
MR. WINCHESTER wrote:Aussies just ain't got the 'collecting bug', as much as the Yanks ( and me, for a while there. )

If we didn't have to cut through feet of red tape for anything more would I'm sure.

There's red tape and there's red tape ...

I know a couple of fellow shooters with 40 plus firearms.

I spose it depends what one wants to collect.
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles