tikka ctr or tactical

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: tikka ctr or tactical

Post by timetohunt » 12 Mar 2016, 10:55 pm

hughston very nice well presented rifle ! you've made some pretty decent upgrades , the lens covers don't annoy you at all ? hmm i thought them dave water mags looked pretty good whats the problem with them ? you should have a look at the lucky 13 line of stuff for the tikka's they look promising there mags look well built and they have a gen 4 coming out in may there Australian made and prices are decent ,hearing pretty good things on zeiss from a few people here .
May wait and try out the new tikka t3x they seem like they could be okay , actually tried to pre-order one today but they do not know the eta he reckons could be up to 6 months and there not sure on the price but they also reckon roughly the same prices maybe a few hundred extra (i very highly doubt that) so didn't bother just yet until more details are released
timetohunt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by hughston » 12 Mar 2016, 11:42 pm

Timetohunt, The Zeiss scopes are definitely worth the money & if you decide on a 308 or similar having decent zoom is well worth it, I do have some butler creek flip up lens covers but have bothered putting them on. I bought the Dave W mag main because I could load longer hand loads rounds in it 2.900 I think, there well built mags but didn't click in to well with my after market atlasworx trigger guard. The Lucky 13 mags look good as well but no good for long oal hand loads. I can't wait to see the new T3x range, there some cool mods. Think I read somewhere there on sale over seas so shoulder be long check out the beretta au web page for updates there the distributor I'm sure, in the mean time get ya self a good scope.
hughston
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Post by sandgroperbill » 13 Mar 2016, 1:29 am

Looks like magnum sports are starting to clear their t3s, i would expect the same from other dealers. It may prove a good time to pick up the current t3s
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by timetohunt » 13 Mar 2016, 10:43 pm

hughston so much good scopes out there on the market but who can afford to buy them all haha just looking for that 1 very good all purpose scope with low and high zoom even 5-25 is perfect good for hunting and great for range , everyone has mentioned some pretty decent scopes gonna have to do a compare of them all , well if your mostly doing range work no point putting them on would get in way and for hunting if you gonna recover your lens after every shot no point its gonna get damaged eventually not worth missing a good hunt that may just pop up out of no where , fair enough thanks for the heads up they should work on that or atlasworx should start making some mags they make some decent quality parts i think they would do a good mag one that fits tailor hand made rounds , will definitely be keeping my eye out i emailed them a few days ago still waiting on reply im pretty eager to add a new rifle to the collection , i hope to get the scope before so i can get use to it put it on something else until t3x gets released,in mean time im slowly updating and replacing all my hunting,range and camping gear there all very very out dated also very costly already regretting it. If it ain't broke don't fix it ! old advice i never listen to.
sandgroperbill thanks heaps for that they have the scopes and other accessories on sale perfect timing thanks again
timetohunt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by redders » 04 Apr 2016, 8:19 pm

I went CTR in 243, coming mid may apparently $1915
redders
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Tiiger » 05 Apr 2016, 11:40 am

hughston wrote:As a hunting rifle it's a bit heavy to be carting around all day

That's the price you pay for a varminter.

Good exercise though :D
Tiiger
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles