Any luck with Boyd stocks?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Any luck with Boyd stocks?

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 10 Apr 2016, 4:07 pm

So I was looking at the stocks Boyd makes and couldn't find any that were what I wanted for under $99 USD, is there a way to get them legally sent here if they go over the price limit?

It's all rather silly.

Thanks!
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Any luck with Boyd stocks?

Post by pomemax » 10 Apr 2016, 6:29 pm

have you loked at Hatchers stocks in australia
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 10 Apr 2016, 7:47 pm

Just had a look, can anyone attest to the quality of them?
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 10 Apr 2016, 7:57 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:So I was looking at the stocks Boyd makes and couldn't find any that were what I wanted for under $99 USD, is there a way to get them legally sent here if they go over the price limit?

It's all rather silly.

Thanks!

To suit what rifle?
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by CactusElite » 10 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm

I am definitely following this thread. Fired my .308 Howa off the standard Houge stock with a bipod today and it was absolutely atrocious.
CactusElite
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 10 Apr 2016, 8:30 pm

I have just aquirred 2 omark stocks from this company the owner is called cam.
i got semiinlet stocks have so far fitted a bipod and reciol pad to each after 4hours of sanding 8 coats of boiled linseed oil and two rubbings of wax i will let you know how they drop in . thats as i opened the box
Attachments
rsz_1120160320_142751[1].jpg
rsz_1120160320_142751[1].jpg (473.61 KiB) Viewed 5741 times
Last edited by pomemax on 10 Apr 2016, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 10 Apr 2016, 8:32 pm

Howa 1500 22-250 with a drop floor. I don't have much/no experience fitting stocks so something that is basic would be nice, but a thumb hole stock would be preferred.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 11 Apr 2016, 1:46 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:Howa 1500 22-250 with a drop floor. I don't have much/no experience fitting stocks so something that is basic would be nice, but a thumb hole stock would be preferred.

They all seem to have gone up in the last year. :problem:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by pomemax » 11 Apr 2016, 6:02 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:Howa 1500 22-250 with a drop floor. I don't have much/no experience fitting stocks so something that is basic would be nice, but a thumb hole stock would be preferred.

have you looked in cassified adds this site someone was selling one Howa short action with floor plate
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 11 Apr 2016, 6:39 pm

Oh yeah. That would be Zorbster. I nearly bought it but then expenses mounted up.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Harper » 26 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

Gwion wrote:They all seem to have gone up in the last year. :problem:

Beyond the import $ limit now too.

Haven't done it myself but I've read other comments on the net that in the past if a stock was $109 + $40 shipping (made that up) they would bill it as $99 stock + $50 shipping for same total but bring the item under the import threshold.

Apparently that's been no go for a while too.
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by Varmtr » 26 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm

Cam's stocks would be good his templates are Jeff Slee's from Bacchus Marsh.
Varmtr
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by petemacsydney » 26 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

Contact thttp://www.huntinghaven.com.au
I got my latest boyd from them for my new T3 223 (couldnt buy direct from us since boyds raised their price from99 to 129)
Have to say, service from hunt haven was very good. A big difference from other places!!!
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by rsj223 » 26 Apr 2016, 11:00 pm

petemacsydney wrote:Contact thttp://www.huntinghaven.com.au
I got my latest boyd from them for my new T3 223 (couldnt buy direct from us since boyds raised their price from99 to 129)
Have to say, service from hunt haven was very good. A big difference from other places!!!

This link http://www.huntinghaven.com.au/
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 27 Apr 2016, 9:58 am

Yep I forgot about this post, I got mine from hunting Haven they had the one I wanted in stock (ha) so that was lucky, I'll post some pretty pictures once I get everything mounted up and looking sexy/needlessly tacticool :P
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 27 Apr 2016, 10:23 am

The cynic in me say they raise their prices to reduce the PITA single product sales o/s..... they now have 3 Aussie distributors...

I believe however, if you go the way of an export licence from the USA, you can buy any exportable gun bits, but obviously there the cost of that process in addition.

Boyds do have limited stocks at $99, anyone know what they charge for freight?
Compared to locally - what are the locals charging for the stocks??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 27 Apr 2016, 11:15 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:The cynic in me say they raise their prices to reduce the PITA single product sales o/s..... they now have 3 Aussie distributors...

I believe however, if you go the way of an export licence from the USA, you can buy any exportable gun bits, but obviously there the cost of that process in addition.

Boyds do have limited stocks at $99, anyone know what they charge for freight?
Compared to locally - what are the locals charging for the stocks??

I can tell you for the one I bought on the Boyd website it was $129 USD and to buy it from hunting Haven was $295 plus $15 postage Australia wide. So with the Australia dollar that means the stock would be $167 AUD plus whatever the postage is to here. I doubt Hunting Haven makes that much at all on the sale at all.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 27 Apr 2016, 11:19 am

What would they cost in quantity? 50 or 70 US So around 100 aus plus freight... landed in aus...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 27 Apr 2016, 11:41 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:What would they cost in quantity? 50 or 70 US So around 100 aus plus freight... landed in aus...

He said to me he only ordered when he could get 5 or more to order. So that makes me think he wouldn't be getting that much of a discount, it doesn't sound that profitable.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Apr 2016, 12:39 pm

I was lucky - I got most of mine for $129 landed from memory :lol: Even got an uninletted one sitting here that I think cost me around $60 odd landed :D that's what I really liked about the Boyds stocks, they didn't cost a fortune, looked great and felt great to use too - sad to see the price go up like it has but I guess it's the way of the world these days, same with projectiles too, I was getting the 1000pk of Sierra Super Roos for $110 now I think they are up around the $160 mark, glad I stocked up on those whilst I had the chance too, I don't think I will ever run out of those :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Norton » 17 Jun 2016, 3:59 pm

bigfellascott wrote:sad to see the price go up like it has but I guess it's the way of the world these days

Prices going up with inflation (more or less) doesn't bother me.

It how prices managed to triple in the time it takes the plane to get from the US to here. :evil:
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles