Rosi Ciruit Judge

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Rosi Ciruit Judge

Post by Gunner41battery » 28 Apr 2016, 4:47 pm

hey
just wondering has anyone owned one or heard bad stories about them? I'm think about one for a bit of a yippie shoot gun.
.22 Mossberg 802 Plinkster
Gunner41battery
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Rosi Ciruit Judge

Post by TheDude » 28 Apr 2016, 7:50 pm

ive got one in 22lr/22mag. Its a good fun plinking gun. Most of my shooting is at the range and these things arent fun single round feeding but i always take it on camping trips.

only drama i've had is that after a few months the synthetic stock started to split around the pistol grip. got onto the distributor and they swapped the stock nice and quick.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 28 Apr 2016, 8:15 pm

I've wanted one of these in 45LC / 410 for ages but apparently in NSW they are classed as a semi auto and I can't have one :(
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gunner41battery » 29 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

brett1868 wrote:I've wanted one of these in 45LC / 410 for ages but apparently in NSW they are classed as a semi auto and I can't have one :(

you gotta move north they are class b for us. that is the cal im looking at.
Gunner41battery
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 29 Apr 2016, 2:50 pm

I'm not about to move north anytime soon cause I'd lose my 338, 375, 416 & 50's. If I was thinking to move then it's be south to Mexico cause I like Taco's and their freedom to hunt in forests :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gunner41battery » 29 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

brett1868 wrote:I'm not about to move north anytime soon cause I'd lose my 338, 375, 416 & 50's. If I was thinking to move then it's be south to Mexico cause I like Taco's and their freedom to hunt in forests :)

Yeah fair cop. my brother inlaw has a .338 here. had 1 shot of it, honestly not a fan of big bore unless it's got training wheels.
Gunner41battery
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by AnotherMisfire » 30 Apr 2016, 12:02 am

brett1868 wrote:I've wanted one of these in 45LC / 410 for ages but apparently in NSW they are classed as a semi auto and I can't have one :(

I thought it was the length that stopped you fellas from having them?
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by brett1868 » 30 Apr 2016, 12:20 am

Apparently because it's double action and doesn't require any manual intervention to cycle the action it got classed as a semi auto. Possibly with the appropriate license you could buy one but those licenses are near impossible for the average punter like myself to obtain. I saw these ages ago and thought they were very cool, excitement lead to disappointment when I found out I couldn't have one :( How is it that I can buy a 50BMG over the counter on a Cat B license but can't have a Circuit Judge? Personally I think that if you are the holder of a Cat H license then you should be allowed to buy semi auto rifles up to similar calibers available in pistols. I have a 357 Desert Eagle, surely if I can be trusted with that then I can be trusted with a 6 shot 45LC...I've got a 460 S&W magnum waiting on a PTA and it flogs the 45LC for power, it's fine but not a 22LR Semi....The laws are retarded and need a good cleanup.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by GLS_1956 » 30 Apr 2016, 12:58 am

I've fired the Taurus Judge handgun and the Rossi Circuit Judge rifle/carbine. They are both more controllable when firing the 45 Colt round than when cutting loose with the .410 round. You have to remember that the 45 slug has a long jump, in the cylinder, from case mouth to barrel so accuracy is not up to the level of a 45 Colt handgun nor that of a lever action chambered in 45 Colt. But damn it's fun to switch around from one to the other, that is 45 Colt to .410.

Neither of the guns I shot had any form of choking, a choke is available for the guns it just wasn't with the guns I shot., so the shot starts to donut after leaving the barrel. You'll notice this as close as 10 feet away with bird shot being worse than buckshot.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 30 Apr 2016, 6:22 am

I've been thinking the same thing but not sure if i can get one in Tas.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Title_II » 30 Apr 2016, 6:37 am

There are about two guns banned here in The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. They were not banned on purpose, it was an accident. At some point we passed a law mirroring federal law saying NFA firearms (short barrel shotguns/rifles/machineguns/poison gas weapons) were illegal unless federally registered under the NFA, in which case they would be legal. They provided a definition that included barrel and overall length dimensions. They missed two things. One, black powder "sawed off shotguns" are not considered firearms by the federal government and cannot be registered under the NFA. Two, there is a modern sawed off shotgun that is NOT a pistol but also not a shotgun because it started life without a stock, and therefore cannot be registered under the NFA, but fails to meet the dimensions in state law.

Of course, to clarify, regular firearms do not require any licenses and do not have any registration (same as most states). Like pistols, rifles, shotguns, .50s, semis, whatever you got, doesn't matter.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sarki » 02 May 2016, 2:31 pm

TheDude wrote:ive got one in 22lr/22mag. Its a good fun plinking gun. Most of my shooting is at the range and these things arent fun single round feeding but i always take it on camping trips.

You aren't allowed to load the cylinder at the range? :unknown:
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by GLS_1956 » 02 May 2016, 8:13 pm

[quote="TheDude"]ive got one in 22lr/22mag. Its a good fun plinking gun. Most of my shooting is at the range and these things arent fun single round feeding but i always take it on camping trips.

Single loading. How asinine. Is it a law or range regulation? :evil:
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by TheDude » 02 May 2016, 9:53 pm

yup, the SSAA ranges near me are single round loading only
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by David Brown » 03 May 2016, 8:14 am

We have a 45/410 and while it is not a sub 1MOA rifle, with a red dot on top it is great in thick scrub, or out the window of a ute.

If you use shot, you need to fit the choke but remember to remove it when going back to 45 or I imagine it gets pretty ugly.

Hornady make a nice Critical defence round in 410 that is pretty nice too.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by southeast varmiter » 03 May 2016, 3:29 pm

brett1868 wrote:The laws are retarded and need a good cleanup.

Let's hope it's not so you can't have any of them.
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by AusC » 10 Jun 2016, 10:51 am

TheDude wrote:yup, the SSAA ranges near me are single round loading only

That's s**t :thumbsdown:
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant