What type of firearm....

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

What type of firearm....

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Apr 2016, 6:49 pm

Was used to do this?

It's not a trick question.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Re: What type of firearm....

Post by juzzbott » 28 Apr 2016, 7:15 pm

To answer that question completely, you would also have to ask, what type of glass is it? Different types of glass breaks different ways.
juzzbott
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Apr 2016, 7:23 pm

lets say;
standard
float
glass....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by knowsnothin » 28 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm

spud gun?
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by rsj223 » 28 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm

i would think a center fire but dont know what caliber at first I thought shotgun but then it looks like one bullet and the glass broke open that way.
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 28 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

I'd be saying a single projectile, the window appears to be double glazed judging by shadows and lines.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by MalleeFarmer » 28 Apr 2016, 8:20 pm

Could be a .22LR with multiple shots in short succession. Or a small bore shotgun no bigger than say a 20 gauge with Buckshot? How'd I go? Probably wrong but looks that way to my inexperienced eye for glass that's been shot.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by juzzbott » 28 Apr 2016, 8:59 pm

Can't really tell with all the missing middle section. However it does look like there is a single round near the top of the glass. That circular section of the hole. Looks bigger than a 22. There could have been multiple shots through the middle broken part however.
juzzbott
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 28 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm

Id be thinking double barrel shotty with slugs but theres so kind of outline up the top so i dunno
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Apr 2016, 10:14 pm

MalleeFarmer wrote:Could be a .22LR with multiple shots in short succession. Or a small bore shotgun no bigger than say a 20 gauge with Buckshot? How'd I go? Probably wrong but looks that way to my inexperienced eye for glass that's been shot.

I dont know the answer.... but i see multiple projectile holes, apparently impacted at the same the....to me it say shotgun, larger shot size perhaps SGs....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Apr 2016, 10:28 pm

Ask Martin Bryant, he should be able to shed more light on it.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Apr 2016, 10:35 pm

A bolt action in "rock" calibre ??????

Another way of finding out is to make direct contact with whoever you've pi**ed off lately, and ask the direct question.
:shock:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Kai » 29 Apr 2016, 8:57 am

I'm guessing air rifle or 22lr
Leaning more towards air rifle
Kai
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 29 Apr 2016, 9:01 am

Not enough info. I'd go with buck. It would be odd to shoot out somebody's window at close range like that, though, would have to be asshole or stupid.

What do the hole(s) in the wall inside look like? That's where you get your answer. Or, the projectile(s), obviously.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 29 Apr 2016, 9:01 am

bigfellascott wrote:Ask Martin Bryant, he should be able to shed more light on it.

Perhaps he could....or not...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by petemacsydney » 29 Apr 2016, 11:51 am

M101 howitzer?
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Homer » 29 Apr 2016, 5:51 pm

G'Day Fella's,

Was the shot fired from Inside Out or Outside In?
If it was the later (Outside In), I'd have a look for the bullet remains in the wall etc of the building!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by bigfellascott » 29 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Ask Martin Bryant, he should be able to shed more light on it.

Perhaps he could....or not...

Well I did see that pic on the port Arthur news thingy from memory :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Apr 2016, 11:26 am

That's were I saw the window as well....

Leaves me scratching my head - I understood the 29 well placed (I'm sure it was 1 short of a mag change supposedly) rounds from a 223Rem Rifle..... which were all 'well placed' with devastating results....

Yet the image of the window says to me, there is a clear projectile hole at the top, possibly other(s) to the right of it, then the larger round break suggests another projectile/s possibly toward the centre of that pattern???

The report is the shooter pivoting and firing from the hip (from the scoped rifle)...
Standing and firing repeatedly into the one target? , with the projectiles all finding that window pane......i dont know....maybe it was a ricochet of a fragmented projectile....

The outside of the BAC is shown after 12min mark.

Had I have said it was the broken window at PA, the response would have been "oh, that was an AR15, 223Rem, shot from the hip, by a lefty, shooting right.....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bluerob » 30 Apr 2016, 12:34 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:That's were I saw the window as well....

Leaves me scratching my head - I understood the 29 well placed (I'm sure it was 1 short of a mag change supposedly) rounds from a 223Rem Rifle..... which were all 'well placed' with devastating results....

Yet the image of the window says to me, there is a clear projectile hole at the top, possibly other(s) to the right of it, then the larger round break suggests another projectile/s possibly toward the centre of that pattern???

The report is the shooter pivoting and firing from the hip (from the scoped rifle)...
Standing and firing repeatedly into the one target? , with the projectiles all finding that window pane......i dont know....maybe it was a ricochet of a fragmented projectile....

The outside of the BAC is shown after 12min mark.

Had I have said it was the broken window at PA, the response would have been "oh, that was an AR15, 223Rem, shot from the hip, by a lefty, shooting right.....

See if you can find a copy of Joe Vialls book on PAM. He died a few years ago, labelled a "conspiracy nut job" etc.

His book does not read as though the author was a nut job and there's a hell of alot of questions more than answers after you read the book.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Apr 2016, 1:55 pm

There has been a lot of material written on PAM, not surprisingly it attracts zero media, Vialls read was interesting, also Keith Noble, 700 odd pages of material, there are too many errors, inconsistencies and loose ends.... I'm not however suggesting the window break is a part of a conspiracy, just doesnt match the description as far as I'm concerned....

Vialls also 'proved' Yvonne Fletcher was NOT shot by the Libyans..... very interesting indeed considering what that 1 event lead to...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by MalleeFarmer » 30 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm

I still think PAM was an inside Job.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wobble » 02 May 2016, 12:11 pm

So what's the answer? Why are we guessing this?
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles