What calibre for next rifle?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: What calibre for next rifle?

Post by Festus Magnus » 15 Jun 2016, 4:53 pm

OP here: after further thought, I couldn't make up my mind between a .308 or .30-06. But I knew what I wanted: a Browning X-Bolt (alongside the Miroku MK10 and the Browning T-bolt).

So I popped into my LGS yesterday and found out they had a composite stainless steel X-Bolt in stock, but only in 30-06. That was enough for me to make a decision! Also bought a Bushnell Elite 3500 4-12x40 with Leupold rings and bases.

I was actually after an X-Bolt that had a complete black composite stock, but the faux-maple upper half of the stock is actually starting to grow on me. At least it's something different to look at!

Thanks again for all the advice fellas, and here are some photos for your enjoyment! :thumbsup:

Festus Magnus
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by MalleeFarmer » 15 Jun 2016, 5:28 pm

Looks Good I'm sure it won't dissapoint.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by chrispy88 » 24 Jun 2016, 11:05 am

If you had have left it at "faux maple upper" and not included pics I'd have turned my nose up. But the pics show a nice contrast on the rifle. Enjoy mate.
Tikka T3 Lite SS .308 / VXII 3-9x40
Howa HB SS .223 / Viper PST 4-16x50
Savage Mk II BTVS .22LR / VXI 3-9x40
Lithgow Model 1 .22LR
Miroku MK10 Sporter 12g
W. W. Greener Martini action 12g
chrispy88
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Mongrel » 24 Jun 2016, 11:49 am

Looks good mate, but looks to flash to get dirty LOL
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by darwindingo » 24 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm

Nice. Try not to kiss her good night in front of the missus, they get jealous.. ;)
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles