New hobby - black rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: New hobby - black rifles

Post by dogmatix » 14 Jun 2016, 1:11 pm

Carter wrote:
Chickenhawk wrote:Just have to ask... 18 magazines? :lol:

By the time he's finished loading them all it's time for the next trip :mrgreen:

Nah, speed loaders from Israel. ;)

http://store.israeli-weapons.com/lula-m4-m16-ar15-magazine-speed-loader-unloader-by-maglula.html

http://store.israeli-weapons.com/striplula-m4-m16-ar15-magazine-speed-loader-unloader-by-maglula.html
Welcome to Sako club
dogmatix
Private
Private

New Zealand

Post by Title_II » 14 Jun 2016, 5:30 pm

Maglulas can load mags. They suck at that, but are better than by hand. What they are good for is UNLOADING mags. They will unload a 30 round mag in less than 10 seconds for sure.

I know this doesn't mean much to most of my mates here, but the fastest loaders are from BETA.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 14 Jun 2016, 9:17 pm

Title_II wrote:Maglulas can load mags. They suck at that, but are better than by hand. What they are good for is UNLOADING mags. They will unload a 30 round mag in less than 10 seconds for sure.

I know this doesn't mean much to most of my mates here, but the fastest loaders are from BETA.

Dont you use the gun to unload the mag??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 15 Jun 2016, 12:18 am

I keep mags loaded for defense. I also come back from the range with one or more unfired/partially fired mags on occasion.

I have premium ($expensive$) defensive ammo. And different ammo for shooting cans and invading communist dishwashers/televisions. Although I have dedicated mags, there is rotation and overlap on occasion. Plus, I may have some range mags with ammo in them but not be sure if they are full or not, and the only way to know is to unload them and then load them.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by dogmatix » 15 Jun 2016, 1:57 pm

My Schmeisser made mags (P-Mag clones, the 10 and 30s in the photo) are tight fit in the Aero lower, so another excuse for buying more (usually Lancers now).
Guys who also run 300BLK usually carry a few mags, even when hunting, some loaded with subsonics, the rest super.
Welcome to Sako club
dogmatix
Private
Private

New Zealand

Post by AusC » 06 Jul 2016, 3:40 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Dont you use the gun to unload the mag??

That's the fun way :D
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles