Airport security and snap caps!

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Airport security and snap caps!

Post by Hollywood » 04 Jun 2016, 12:50 pm

Why on earth would you keep your handgun loaded with snap caps.

They came with the gun when I bought it a few months ago. I've been leaving the magazines full of empty cases in an effort to relax the spring a bit as it is nigh on impossible to get the last (10th) round in from new. I chucked the snap caps in simply as a way to carry them! As I said, it's been through Brisbane airport many times without an issue, it's just not something I'd thought of as a concern.

Not sure what it's like in the States but our screening and security people don't carry firearms in the airports over here, only the Aus Federal Police do and they're only at the larger airports.
Hollywood
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Jun 2016, 1:44 pm

Borderfarce are now armed.... or at least permitted to be armed "for self defence"... so if you dont see them carrying yet.... expect it soon.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by AusTac » 05 Jun 2016, 9:03 am

Seems a little hardcore for customs to be armed, all they seem to is sit at a desk and shake down some luggage here and there, never heard of a customs officer " if only we had firearms "
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 05 Jun 2016, 9:42 am

The worst part is the absolute hypocrisy of us generally....we are hell bent as a 'collective' on demanding everyone treat everyone else as equals.... except for police, customs officers and certain other special people who are allowed to carry sidearms, not to protect others, but for themselves...'SELF DEFENCE', yet ordinary people are specifically prevented from the same.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bluerob » 05 Jun 2016, 11:10 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:The worst part is the absolute hypocrisy of us generally....we are hell bent as a 'collective' on demanding everyone treat everyone else as equals.... except for police, customs officers and certain other special people who are allowed to carry sidearms, not to protect others, but for themselves...'SELF DEFENCE', yet ordinary people are specifically prevented from the same.

Your post reminded me of a forum signature or comment I read recently:

"I can't carry a police officer on my hip."
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Tindog » 07 Jun 2016, 2:45 pm

so all guns have to be carried in separate and checked, then stowed with "checked baggage"?? can a hand gun in a locked case no ammo, cannot be taken as carry on baggage??
Beretta 92A1
Tikka T3 CTR .308
Savage Arms Axis .223
Marlin (JM) 1895 SBL 45/70
Walther PPQ M2 .22
Sig Sauer 226 .177 Air
Desert Eagle 1911G
-- Without Trucks, Australia Stops. --
Tindog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 07 Jun 2016, 6:25 pm

What a depressing place this thread has migrated to ...

Please ( dear Lord ) don't allow my country to follow the rot of the f**ked up U.S.A.

Our police do a great job ( all things considered ) and there is zero need for CCW .... ATM

Please don't oil the squeaky wheel / pander to the wannabe Rambos.
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles