First gun purchase and it's interstate

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

First gun purchase and it's interstate

Post by HulkFury » 09 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm

Hi everyone, would like some advice with my first purchase, please let me know if this is the best way to purchase an interstate rifle (found seller on Facebook).

Will pay the seller $100 to cover the postage and transfer, once I get a copy of the receipt of transfer -I will call the seller's LGS and confirm the transfer application. Then I'll pay the seller the balance, and wait for the gun to arrive at my LGS.

I am still waiting on my PTA, my LGS will hold the gun until it arrives.

I have the sellers mobile, and firearms licence picture. Have I reduced my risk enough?
HulkFury
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: First gun purchase and it's interstate

Post by Noisydad » 10 Jun 2016, 9:05 am

You probably have. You're going through dealers much the same as if you bought off used guns for instance. I've bought several that way and had no problem.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: First gun purchase and it's interstate

Post by SendIt » 29 Sep 2016, 11:37 am

Legitimate used guns sales are reasonably solid as long as you take sensible precautions, as you're doing.

It's not like someone can pretend to be someone else with using a throw away email address and then just walk with your cash.

Between bank details and dealers recording license and ID details all the information on the seller is transparent.
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles