Howa

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Howa

Post by NukeBOMB88 » 28 Jun 2016, 11:19 am

MalleeFarmer wrote:
NukeBOMB88 wrote:I've got two HOWA rifles and I love em, with all my rifles I just clean the barrel out before I shoot it and then after that ... Never again . Doesn't seem to hurt them and all my rifles shoot under 1 MOA

:shock: never??? My god Man... I cleaned a rifle for a mate that had never had the bore cleaned out and it was pitted and rough as guts. It was a Howa only shot 2-2.5moa when I re sighted it for him.. :thumbsdown: hey if it works for you that's great but if I spend $1000+ on a rifle I want it to shoot for as long a possible.

Well when I say never what I mean is I never use any solvents, once a month I run a few patches of Eezox through to avoid any rust, I also apply Eezox to the outside and bolt of the rifles and I've never had any problems with rust
Mongrel wrote:
NukeBOMB88 wrote:I've got two HOWA rifles and I love em, with all my rifles I just clean the barrel out before I shoot it and then after that ... Never again . Doesn't seem to hurt them and all my rifles shoot under 1 MOA

Wow, your one lucky man i think.
Im gonna be cleaning mine after every use and i will be running in the barrel.

But I was told today from a guy at work that i cant go to rifle range to run my barrel in cause i dont have any sights (glass or iron)
Gonna have to ring them coz that sux if its true :(

Yeah nah whatever floats your boat, can't hurt to be careful :D

Man that's a bummer about needing sights to go :cry:
Ruger M77 Mkii VT .204
Jw-15e .22
Winchester Model 37a 12ga
Beretta Silver pigeon pump action 12ga
Howa 1500 .223
Howa 1500 .30-06
NukeBOMB88
Corporal
Corporal